What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

430 Scuderia

Annual servicing at this mileage is ridiculous - would you not be better just doing a visual inspection, oil quality / fluid checks?

Financially better yes, in the short term anyway, but I want it to have a complete service history so why not for the sake of a grand a year?

Well, it's a grand a year :wink3:

I think there's probably a crossover somewhere but for a car like a Scud the premium at sale time for having an absolutely full service record (ie serviced every year regardless of mileage) probably outweighs that grand a year. For a car like mine, it probably doesn't. I've been doing very low mileage for the last few years (other project/hobby taking up my summers) so I've 'slipped' to servicing at a dealer every other year and just doing what needs doing myself in the years between. I think for my car and my mileage at the moment that's fine.

I guess we all own these cars for different reasons - just driving, tinkering a bit, admiring them or for investment (savings at least). If you're in that last bracket that grand a year might well be money well spent :)

Oh I agree completely. If I had a Scuderia/Stradale, I'd be wanting to keep the book stamped although it is madness as Mod suggests.

Ken's Cars

I have to say over the years I've seen all of Ken's cars and they are always absolutely immaculate. I'm afraid I fall into the camp of can't stop driving it and I'm always amazed how Ken doesn't get called out to the garage more often.

The car looks fantastic, I always said to Ken he should by an F40 when they were affordable, what an investment that would have been Ken. :laugh:

I genuinely think these cars will get to age soon where fully stamped up service book will become redundant.

There must be a point where it becomes irrelevant.

Given my long term aim to take my cars to Italy I get mine serviced at mileage intervals as the dealers there suggested to me that an annual visual / fluids check is virtually free (hours labour) and that they only really service based on KM's for most customers.

Its a lot of dead money per year that could be spent on other things.

Having come back from the dead I have a keener eye for that kind of thing.

Like critical injury insurance that didn't pay out!

I miscounted :laugh:, it is 10 services so far with the 11th booked :thumbsup:.

With a record like this, all at Lancaster Colchester, my OCD wouldn't let me miss one now :grin:.

4th July 2009 - Registered
• 2nd July 2010 @ 1,501 miles
• 4th July 2011 @ 2,529 miles
• 4th July 2012 @ 3,138 miles
• 4th July 2013 @ 3,706 miles
• 4th July 2014 @ 4,013 miles
• 6th July 2015 @ 4,246 miles
• 4th July 2016 @ 4,367 miles
• 4th July 2017 @ 4,498 miles
• 4th July 2018 @ 4,607 miles
• 4th July 2019 @ 4,685 miles
• 3rd July 2020 @ Booked 4,731 miles currently

I have to say over the years I've seen all of Ken's cars and they are always absolutely immaculate. I'm afraid I fall into the camp of can't stop driving it and I'm always amazed how Ken doesn't get called out to the garage more often.

The car looks fantastic, I always said to Ken he should by an F40 when they were affordable, what an investment that would have been Ken. :laugh:

Thanks Simon, long time no see - I hope you are well.

Really impressive; but 2015! :hmmm: I don’t know, over a year between annual services...hmmm could fall into the “neglected” camp! :laugh::laugh:

Really impressive; but 2015! :hmmm: I don’t know, over a year between annual services...hmmm could fall into the “neglected” camp! :laugh::laugh:

Haha. Good spot. I guess the 4th was a weekend but should have thought about doing it on the 3rd but then it would have been a day late the following year :).

I'm contemplating selling. Have done so before and decided against but more likely to this time. Booked in for another scheduled service in early July to maintain the perfect history.

Will be valued by Lancaster at the same time so I'll see what they say.............

will be interesting to see if those services were worth it...

The valuation will be interesting

They are already worth it to me to keep my OCD at bay. If I keep the car, which I may, they will continue irrespective of resale price impact.

Having decided to keep my Scuderia it is now now shod with a fresh set of MPS4S. Replaced P Zero Corsas sitting in a corner of my garage to stay with the car.

Having decided to keep my Scuderia it is now now shod with a fresh set of MPS4S. Replaced P Zero Corsas sitting in a corner of my garage to stay with the car.

:thumbsup:

I kept my old Corsas too in case some madman wants them in future.