What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

AIB Insurance Welcome Tom!

Guys, is it not like buying a car - you negotiate the dealer down to the best price THEN you hit them with the partex. You never mention it at the start :)

Guys, is it not like buying a car - you negotiate the dealer down to the best price THEN you hit them with the partex. You never mention it at the start :)

Not sure on your statement there Pete ? are you saying you need to tell them first you are a member ??

For me it is clear there is no special 15% discount for CS members just a blanket discount given to anyone, so is a bit of a farce. Certainly it is not shown on your quote from them IE

Premium: £800

CS / club discount: £120.00

Total: £680.00

I offer certain motorcycle clubs discount 10% discount off my published prices and it is shown on the invoice xyz club discount, we are very clear about it.

I feel AIB need to be more clear about what they are offering.

Not sure on your statement there Pete ? are you saying you need to tell them first you are a member ??

It was a little 'tongue in cheek' but I was suggested you do the opposite - you 'negotiate' a price with no reference to any discounts then say "So if that's X for the premium I'm a CS member and so I'll pay X-15%, correct?" :)

It was a little 'tongue in cheek' but I was suggested you do the opposite - you 'negotiate' a price with no reference to any discounts then say "So if that's X for the premium I'm a CS member and so I'll pay X-15%, correct?" :)

I did take it as "Tongue and Cheek" :laugh: but wanted to make sure we were on the right page so to speak

However, as a CS official Com, could you not get AIB to clarify what they are indeed offering ? I take it they are paying to be a sponsor on here

I did take it as "Tongue and Cheek" :laugh: but wanted to make sure we were on the right page so to speak

However, as a CS official Com, could you not get AIB to clarify what they are indeed offering ? I take it they are paying to be a sponsor on here

Yep, all sponsors pay to be sponsors :thumbsup: Obviously we don't make any money so that sponsorship goes into the pot with members' subscriptions to allow us to firstly run the forum with all that entails and secondly make charitable donations as approved by the committee.

What AIB have told us they are offering is a 15% discount for all paid up CS members. Obviously you won't get that because you're no longer a paid up member :wink3: If any subscribed members can show they didn't get a 15% discount and have had no luck speaking to AIB about through the usual channels (ie give them a ring or email them) then let me know and I'll see what I can do. Obviously it'd be incrediably difficult for me to prove they didn't get a discount and as that discount is only for subscribed club members that's the only ones I'll be able to chase it up for :)

What AIB have told us they are offering is a 15% discount for all paid up CS members. Obviously you won't get that because you're no longer a paid up member :wink3:

Pete this is a very interesting statement, as I spoke to Darren at AIB when this thread first started and suggested that he may like to make a reply to the thread to respond to any negative comments, he explained to me that they know it's a club member calling (not particularly a CS member) as AIB only advertise on club websites and forums, therefore his reasoning is that anyone who phones AIB is a member of a car club, so AIB automatically allocate a 15% reduction, but from what you're saying, to get the discount we have to be a paid up member, so AIB should be checking this:hmmm: which is somewhat disappointing to me as I have been recommending them to all and sundry:huh:

Obviously we don't make any money so that sponsorship goes into the pot with members' subscriptions to allow us to firstly run the forum with all that entails and secondly make charitable donations as approved by the committee.

On the subject of paying to be a member I sometime wonder what the benefits are:hmmm:

Yep, all sponsors pay to be sponsors :thumbsup: Obviously we don't make any money so that sponsorship goes into the pot with members' subscriptions to allow us to firstly run the forum with all that entails and secondly make charitable donations as approved by the committee.

What AIB have told us they are offering is a 15% discount for all paid up CS members. Obviously you won't get that because you're no longer a paid up member :wink3: If any subscribed members can show they didn't get a 15% discount and have had no luck speaking to AIB about through the usual channels (ie give them a ring or email them) then let me know and I'll see what I can do. Obviously it'd be incrediably difficult for me to prove they didn't get a discount and as that discount is only for subscribed club members that's the only ones I'll be able to chase it up for :)

I like how you give me a long winded answer and go off point (I did not ask what the money is used for) I know i am not a subscribed member either, but thanks for pointing that out :thumbsdow

However it seems that in the case of AIB paid up member or not you automatically get a discount, and the same when i was with Loctons, i got the FOC scheme but i was not a member of that either.

My question still stands (i know you have said what AIB have told you) I think you really need to ask them for clarification for all your subscribed members :wink3:

Pete this is a very interesting statement, as I spoke to Darren at AIB when this thread first started and suggested that he may like to make a reply to the thread to respond to any negative comments, he explained to me that they know it's a club member calling (not particularly a CS member) as AIB only advertise on club websites and forums, therefore his reasoning is that anyone who phones AIB is a member of a car club, so AIB automatically allocate a 15% reduction, but from what you're saying, to get the discount we have to be a paid up member, so AIB should be checking this:hmmm: which is somewhat disappointing to me as I have been recommending them to all and sundry:huh:

On the subject of paying to be a member I sometime wonder what the benefits are:hmmm:

I'm just repeating what AIB have repeatedly said to us - they give a 15% discount to CS members. They don't have to, their ability to be a sponsor isn't linked to it in any way, they're a sponsor because they pay an annual fee and we accepted them as a sponsor. I was not aware that they gave a 15% discount to other clubs as well or how they do or don't check if someone belongs to a club that they give the discount to. In essence the discount has nothing to do with CS or the committee, it's entirely between AIB and yourselves. We (or at least I) didn't even know of it when we accepted them as Sponsors.

Regarding paying to be a CS member rather than just using the forum for free, it pretty much boils down to whether you want to support the running of the forum or not. If you do - great, if not, no issues :) We have the ability to do things like set the forum up so that only subscribers can see images or move areas of the forum into the members only section. We have to weigh up the benefits that gives subscribers over others and decide whether that outweighs the probable loss of 'traffic' we'd get if we do it. It's not really about what the benefits are but more about whether you feel CS is worth supporting. We could of course change that though.

I like how you give me a long winded answer and go off point (I did not ask what the money is used for) I know i am not a subscribed member either, but thanks for pointing that out :thumbsdow

However it seems that in the case of AIB paid up member or not you automatically get a discount, and the same when i was with Loctons, i got the FOC scheme but i was not a member of that either.

My question still stands (i know you have said what AIB have told you) I think you really need to ask them for clarification for all your subscribed members :wink3:

I wasn't having a go or going off topic, Paul. I was just explaining to people reading the thread (not just you, I know you've been around these parts for a while) why they are sponsors and it's not linked to any discount they say they offer. Some may have thought it was due to benefits they offer but that's not the case. And I wasn't having a go about not being a subscribed member, as I said above "no issues :) ". But you were asking me to chase up a discount AIB have said they give our members while not being one yourself. If one of our members believes he's missed out (and can show that in some way) then as I've said I'll give up my spare time to see if I can help. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for me not to be all that eager to go chasing AIB enquiring about a discount on behalf of those who aren't in fact paid up members of CS. Do you?

That said I'll ask AIB to clarify the situation if people wish me to. I think I'll get much the same answer as Geoff recieved which is they give the discount to lots of people. If it's everyone you'd have to ask yourself whether it's actually a 'discount', wouldn't you :)

Can I take this opportunity to point out my time on the committee is drawing to an end. Any takers? :laugh:

Pete you are getting this all wrong

I have not stated that i have been wronged or i want you to go and fight my or anyone else's corner subscribed member or not

I was mealy asking / pointing out if you could get them to clarify what they are offering and the T+C, you never know it may be a reason why i may have to subscribe again.

Nothing more nothing less

Pete you are getting this all wrong

I have not stated that i have been wronged or i want you to go and fight my or anyone else's corner subscribed member or not

I was mealy asking / pointing out if you could get them to clarify what they are offering and the T+C, you never know it may be a reason why i may have to subscribe again.

Nothing more nothing less

Fair enough. As I say, I wasn't having a go either :thumbsup:

It was more that I can only do what anyone can do - ring them up and ask. If people want me to so they don't need to I guess I can. It's not in any way linked to them being sponsors but I can if people honestly feel there's a need :)

Pete you know full well that you are "stuck" in this role until February 2018:laugh:

Not really - if I leave before then, as there is less than 6 months until the end of my term, it'll just mean there won't be an election until Feb 2018 so Francis or Gordon will have to deal with faff like this........

Hang on! If I leave Francis or Gordon have to do stuff like this!!! Cheers Geoff, you're a gent :thumbsup:

That in bold is a rubbish statement by them. AIB have a website so I could find them through Google and phone up. Sounds like a con to me :hmmm:

why are we discussing this in two threads???

This is on an ongoing discussion which is also running in the What "type" of insurance do you have? thread.

I simply do not understand how AIB are allowing this situation to run on and on without formally responding. I posted a similar request in the other thread, and this received no response. The issue is simply not going to go away and it is causing untold damage to their reputation, over what is a fairy inconsequential amount of money, but a very big issue as no one, including myself, takes being "potentially" deceived very lightly. The lack of response from AIB is extremely disturbing from my point of view, and a continued lack of comment from them is likely to then degenerate into a "guilty by association" discussion..... no smoke without fire... blah, blah barrage on both threads.
I must stress, as i did in the other thread, that I use them, but I cannot recall ever being asked about club membership (neither here or FOC or the blue Peter club, if it comes to it), nor was I ever offered or informed of a discount, again because I don't normally look at this section.
The whole situation is, in my view, now escalating out of control, and unless AIB start to undertake some damage limitation pronto, could end up with costing them a lot of business. If I feel I have been misled, [and I am not saying I have or haven't, as the topic never came up when I 1st insured with them and has never arisen at any subsequent renewal(s)] then I would seriously consider placing any further business with them.
As with all things in life I feel certain there is a fairly simple reason behind all this, but it is all heading down the pan very rapidly due to a lack of commitment to resolve once and for all on their part. I must also stress I have never had any issues with AIB, and I have used both AIB and Locktons in the past, so it all seems a bit of a storm in a teacup that is escalating into a major storm for no valid reason other than total intransigence in not dealing with this from the outset and allowing it to fester on.
it would appear we have a sponsor that doesn't actually monitor the media that they are advertising or sponsoring on. Very strange indeed and a pi55 poor show:thumbsdow

As said above guys, I've been in touch with AIB, why don't we await their responce. I've done it through email rather than via a phone conversation to avoid any more 'he said, she said' and have it in black and white ........or perhaps a shade of grey. But at least it'll be their words and not my interpretation of them. Let's see what they say.

As said above guys, I've been in touch with AIB, why don't we await their responce. I've done it through email rather than via a phone conversation to avoid any more 'he said, she said' and have it in black and white ........or perhaps a shade of grey. But at least it'll be their words and not my interpretation of them. Let's see what they say.

+1 :thumbsup: