What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Am I am traitor?

Zuff

So I own a Maranello steed. But I am really happy with the outcome at Singapore.
Does that make me a traitor?:hmmm:
#Conflictsareus

Yeah all traitors. I never watched the race because I found out the result first. However I watch F1 for Ferrari. It's actually quite boring as is Mercedes and Elton the whingebag Hamilton John, winning. I bought an old CLK and regularly vent my anger on the German piece of sheite :laugh:

Yep, I agree with Malc - traitors the lot of you :laugh:

I actually had a whole conversation with my Dad (Lewis H fan) before the race saying how worried I was that JV was along side Seb for the start as I said there was a 50/50 he'd do something stupid and take Seb out. Not sure I can find a way to blame him for the crash though.

Lewis fan, and Williams supporter!

Only generally watch the first 30 seconds, then its just useful background for either a) excuse to sit on the sofa and do nothing for a couple of hours and have a kip, b) mild distraction in the background whilst doing some work :grin:

Max was blameless in this. He kept a straight line and could have gone nowhere. He even appeared to lift when he realised what was going to happen but it was too late. I think he is improving all the time and none of the issues in recent times have been self inflicted.

SV is an all time great but increasingly his emotions lead to brain fade on some days. I think he was already spooked before the green light about having Max next to him and had resolved to be super-firm into the first corner. It's quite interesting psychology that a 19 year old with only one win carries such a big reputation that he leads a 4 time champion into such thinking. I'm sure SV would have used his head a bit more and remembered he is fighting for a championship had it been Ricciardo next to him.

Let's hope Ferrari can bounce back and SV can win the championship as he has done in the past from further back but I'm not very confident. Hamilton is at the peak of his form right now and yesterday was a gift wrapped present to him. Circuits coming up will suit Mercedes more than Ferrari unless the engine guys can find some more power.

Max was blameless in this. He kept a straight line and could have gone nowhere. He even appeared to lift when he realised what was going to happen but it was too late. I think he is improving all the time and none of the issues in recent times have been self inflicted.

SV is an all time great but increasingly his emotions lead to brain fade on some days. I think he was already spooked before the green light about having Max next to him and had resolved to be super-firm into the first corner. It's quite interesting psychology that a 19 year old with only one win carries such a big reputation that he leads a 4 time champion into such thinking. I'm sure SV would have used his head a bit more and remembered he is fighting for a championship had it been Ricciardo next to him.

Let's hope Ferrari can bounce back and SV can win the championship as he has done in the past from further back but I'm not very confident. Hamilton is at the peak of his form right now and yesterday was a gift wrapped present to him. Circuits coming up will suit Mercedes more than Ferrari unless the engine guys can find some more power.

Pretty much agree with you Faisal. But if Kimi hadn't made such an amazing start it would have probably all have worked out OK for Seb. Such is life.

I own a Mercedes. How can you be more treacherous?

I watched the start on a tinterweb vid. To me Kimi had a great start and Seb tried to move over to the driving line? or block Kimi out and poor Verstappen got stuck in the middle. I hear Ferrari were/are blaming him, which to me looks pathetic. A racing incident that was Vettel's fault. Bloody Germans :laugh::laugh::tongue3:

Anyway Mercedes is a British team and although as a Ferrari fan I have to agree we (UK) are and have the best F1 teams/engineers in the worrllldd :Clarkson smiley:

My love of all things Ferrari has never really extended to the F1 team.
I've never rated Vettel as a complete driver and IMO four championships flatters him.
No doubt he's fast when out on his own but never great in the wet and does some stupid things under pressure.
The weekend was karma paying back Hamilton for letting Bottas through a few weeks back [emoji106]

...and yes Malc we do....Something to be proud of....

Last edited:
I've tried to warm to Seb, I really have. But I can't. The fact he's driving for Ferrari now is a big conflict for me because I dont want him to win so that means ferrari not winning. Any other driver on the grid, fine. I would have been wailing and gnashing my teeth like a true Tifosi at that carnage. As it was I laughed like a drain. Very sad for Max, Kimi and most of all fernando....he went from Christmas to broken toy in a a nano second!

Have zero interest in the 'spectacle' of F1 and only really follow the tech side anyway. They are all top drivers but winning a title is down to who you drive for and whether they have the car. As an ex kart racer it's about as far from 'real racing' as Senna called karting as you can get. I am a Ferrari fan of their road cars and GT racers mainly from the period around a decade ago when they were way ahead of everyone else on the road and the track. I think the Montezemolo era will be looked back on as a golden era.

Enzo
F430 - F1 Tech for the road
599GTB - GT / supercar
Success on the track

Have dropped the ball since IMO