What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ashes 2015

I watched the highlights , well done - amazing to see the Aussies bowled out for 60 !

just wants Root to get 200 and it really will be a special test !

I watched the highlights , well done - amazing to see the Aussies bowled out for 60 !

just wants Root to get 200 and it really will be a special test !
Not quite panning out that way - always a beggar when the session closes and you're on for a good knock.

Still, England have a wicket now. And the Aussies are pushing their luck a bit. Still a possibility to close this out today without needing another innings. But I think it more likely it will go to the third day and England will be chasing 100-150 tops.

Not quite panning out that way - always a beggar when the session closes and you're on for a good knock.

Still, England have a wicket now. And the Aussies are pushing their luck a bit. Still a possibility to close this out today without needing another innings. But I think it more likely it will go to the third day and England will be chasing 100-150 tops.

2nd one down - will they now collapse?

I'm certain we are going to win. But being sentimental, I hope Clarke has a decent innings to restore some of his personal pride.

Bloody hell - Smith goes as I type this :shocked:

Michael Clarke gone for 13. Feel sorry for him. He's a good cricketer and a decent sounding bloke. Good to beat the Aussies but humiliation of individuals is sometimes a bit cruel.

Only just seen this thread, generally discuss the Ashes with our Southern Hemisphere cousins over in their section on Fchat. In fact had to pay up for losing the last series to one of them with a pass into Scampton. Think I'm safe this time round. Lot of soul searching going on over there. Fortunately I'm hardly taking the piss at all :grin:

Only just seen this thread, generally discuss the Ashes with our Southern Hemisphere cousins over in their section on Fchat. In fact had to pay up for losing the last series to one of them with a pass into Scampton. Think I'm safe this time round. Lot of soul searching going on over there. Fortunately I'm hardly taking the piss at all :grin:

All over by lunch tomorrow I suspect. What to do with the rest of the weekend?

My wife has a load of jobs lined up :thumbsdow

All over by lunch tomorrow I suspect. What to do with the rest of the weekend?

My wife has a load of jobs lined up :thumbsdow

I had planned to watch it this afternoon down the pub ....... Now I'll just have to drink large amounts of beer :(

...But I think it more likely it will go to the third day and England will be chasing 100-150 tops.
Well as predictions go that was about as wide of the mark as the Aussie bowling and batting performances :)

Good win for England. We now need to see what they can do against South Africa. But terrific to win the Ashes, and in good style.

Hopefully the Aussies will play for pride at The Oval, England will rise to the challenge and we'll see a good test (and I won't have to ask for a refund for Day 4!).