What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Club Scud Welsh Weekender III - April 2018

swnyradar

Save the date – Weekend 28/29th April 2018 - EARLY ACCOMMODATION BOOKING ADVISABLE!!! I HAVE ALREADY BOOKED

Thread started early this time to get the hotel we want booked up. (Top tip - You can use booking.com to get a free cancellation booking)

HOTEL PORTMEIRION – PLEASE READ
For 2018 we will be staying at the magnificent Portmeiron Hotel and village on the Saturday night. When booking, there are 3 accommodation options within the village so double check when choosing your room:

1. To stay at the hotel itself which sits on the estuary (evening meal will be here).
2. Castell Deudraeth is another hotel that sits just above the village (short walk or free courtesy shuttle) It is part of Portmeirion.
3. Many of the cottages in the village itself are available for accommodation.

Itinerary:

• Meet at Bronllys on Saturday Morning (same start as last year), the route this year will be a combination of the best parts of the previous 2 plus some new roads, so we will be heading from South to North Wales on the Saturday.
  • Spend Saturday night together at Portmeirion hotel for a meal + drinks.
  • Sunday Morning run together before heading home (we should get the tunnel runs in on Sunday this year:))
Run for the last 2 years with many happy campers, see below:

2016: http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum...-Weekender-Saturday-May-7th-Sunday-8th/page20
2017: http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?58311-Club-Scud-Welsh-Weekender-II-May-2017/page28

More details to follow...

Last edited:
Booked Hotel so add Simon and Jane in the 430 ......... plus very loud exhaust :) Rooms are running out fast so book now. Just showed Jane the hotel and she said wow it looks magical and she has always wanted to go :)

Mike Are you going to book the dinning room ?? Not been so not sure of the layout but with a big booking they might be able to put us all together and as we will all be in such classy vehicles do us a special deal on a Big Mac and fries

Last edited:
Time we started a confirmed list.....

Mike D (swrnyradar) Silverstone 430
Mike & Clare M (mike01606) 360 in primer.
Simon & Jane (sssdu01) Red 430.
Mark C + (Katie) (F355 GTS) 458?

Copy and paste and add to the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jane has just looked at all the hotel photos and decided we need a gap after breakfast to have a look around the grounds :grin: so great choice of hotel

Mike Are you going to book the dinning room ?? Not been so not sure of the layout but with a big booking they might be able to put us all together and as we will all be in such classy vehicles do us a special deal on a Big Mac and fries

Mike M has been our Gastro man for the last couple of years so I hereby nominate him again as he does such a good job (especially if you like Steak)

I think this is what we need to book Mike - lifted from their website:

PRIVATE DINING ROOM

The Estuary Suite caters for lunch or dinner to both residents and non-residents. We can accommodate either 20 people at one large table or 30 on three tables of 10.

Will be a worth call soon as it's a popular place for special occasions.

Jane has just looked at all the hotel photos and decided we need a gap after breakfast to have a look around the grounds :grin: so great choice of hotel

Another nice thing about staying there is that at night there are no day visitors in the village, only hotel residents, so you feel like you have the place to yourself :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mike M has been our Gastro man for the last couple of years so I hereby nominate him again as he does such a good job (especially if you like Steak)

I think this is what we need to book Mike - lifted from their website:

PRIVATE DINING ROOM

The Estuary Suite caters for lunch or dinner to both residents and non-residents. We can accommodate either 20 people at one large table or 30 on three tables of 10.

Will be a worth call soon as it's a popular place for special occasions.

Leave me with it.....I'll call them in the morning :)

Are newbies welcome? Having looked at the pervious years threads this looks like great fun. Have to double check with the boss, when I get back this week but would certainly be keen!

Cheers
Adrian

Are newbies welcome? Having looked at the pervious years threads this looks like great fun. Have to double check with the boss, when I get back this week but would certainly be keen!

Cheers
Adrian

Of course you're welcome.....[emoji106]

It's even better than it looks also

Cheers
Adrian

You could always book the hotel (make sure you have to option to cancel at no cost) , and cancel if the social secretary/finance department decides you have to be doing something more important that weekend :thumbsdow It would spoil the weekend to go on the drive and end up staying in a hotel miles away if all the hotel spaces are gone

John & Hilary (woody) 458
Jeff & Jayne (irraref) 348

Malc & Joanne (MalcH) 360

Booked the PortMeirion Hotel. There's every chance Joanne won't be allowed the time off, they are very odd in that they won't let her book the time off yet and in the new year they may just say no. If so then it may well be my daughter Becky.

Mike D (swnyradar) Silverstone 430
Mark C + Katie (F355 GTS) 458/FF
Malc & Joanne (MalcH) 360
Dave (DaveZ) loud 348

Great Malc [emoji106]
Updated to add Dave on as I know he's booked.....

Mike D (swnyradar) 430 (1)
Mike & Clare M (mike01606) 360 (2)
Simon & Jane (sssdu01) Red 430. (2)
Mark C + Katy (F355 GTS) 458/FF (2)
John & Hilary (woody) 458 (2)
Jeff & Jayne (irraref) 348 (2)
Malc & Joanne (MalcH) 360 (2)
Dave (DaveZ) loud 348 (1)

8 cars
14 Dining

Castle booked! (Do I get a canon as well? :grin:)

Adrian & Jen (A348W) 348

9 cars
16 Dining

Castle booked! (Do I get a canon as well? :grin:)

Adrian & Jen (A348W) 348

9 cars
16 Dining

Good stuff Adrian......

Once we're close on numbers I'll see what I can arrange for parking. I've visited a couple of times before but parked in the main visitor car park....

Hopefully its ok for me to slip onto this one if I may... if not then let me know.

Keep saying I ought to tag along and give the car a run on these sort of events but never seem to achieve it! :grin:

Hotel booked for 28th :thumbsup:

Malc & Joanne (MalcH) 360 (20)
Dave (DaveZ) loud 348 (1)92
Adrian & Jen (A348W) 348
Matt & Sharon (Abe999) 348

10 cars