What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Clutch bearing noise on 308QV

sweeni

My 308 has recently returned from a long lay up (for a respray) and I now have a noise which sounds like it is a bearing on its last legs, metal on metal binding. Not loud but there in the background. If I depress the clutch pedal it disappears.
Any thoughts lease?

Just a thought but I know 308's are prone to the friction disk binding to the flywheel from the effects of corrosion if left for a period of time, ask me how I know! It might get better if you maybe use it for a few miles before stripping it out

Just a thought but I know 308's are prone to the friction disk binding to the flywheel from the effects of corrosion if left for a period of time, ask me how I know! It might get better if you maybe use it for a few miles before stripping it out

I did consider that some form of corrosion may be affecting something but I’ve probably driven it around 70-80 miles now with no change. There seems to be no other ill effects that I can notice so will drive it a bit more and see if it subsides. Just waiting for a new throttle cable to arrive as the current one has long been sticky.

Just a warning though, I had to have my flywheel surface ground as a result so if it hasn't cleared, it might be worth getting a look inside

My 308 has recently returned from a long lay up (for a respray) and I now have a noise which sounds like it is a bearing on its last legs, metal on metal binding. Not loud but there in the background. If I depress the clutch pedal it disappears.
Any thoughts lease?

Hi it could be the spigot shaft bearing in the back of the Crankshaft ??, Regards DM