What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari 348 Project - Light Restoration

spiderscott

Hi All

Ive just taken a 93 348 TS into the collection and its looking a bit tired and neglected. I'm starting a simple light restoration of the car and similar tip the 308 project I intend to Vlog the process.

Its not intended to be a concourse winner, but really using my home tools and skills in the garage to give the car a bit of TLC and tidy up some of the areas that tend to get neglected on, in this case over the last 25 years on the 348.

Heres the intro to the car and project plan .....

https://youtu.be/Q2TNrkWX-8I

Regarding what we spoke about on Youtube with roof colour, just popped into the garage to do a ‘side by side’ comparison. I do like the car masquerading as a TB with the colour coded, just like the lines. But whenever I switch to the black it does add something. If you like the cars looking original as you said, I think it’s probably worth the hassle and time to find an original. Just remember if you can only find a 355 targa and want to keep both roofs in use (or sell the colour coded one on), you’ll need to find 348 roof brackets and seals as well.

Enjoying watching the vids, nice work :thumbsup:

Once you’ve seen them I can delete them off so I’m not cluttering your thread with pics of my car (the benefit of being a mod....... about the only benefit tbh :) ), but here’s a direct comparison of the two looks. It’s funny, it’s just a roof colour, but it does change the look of the car a bit:

9C7CAA8D-4A2A-44E5-A0EA-F759EC42FDF1.jpg

0BBE45F5-85B2-4C49-9A76-62F36D3369E2.jpg

Cheers Pete, much appreciate you taking the time to show me the comparison.

I actually like both swell ....tricky one. I think I'll stick with the colour coded one on the car for now and lookout for an original.

Cheers Pete, looks great much appreciated. Ive used some similar stuff on the previous Mondial, 308 and Testarossa cleanups, if I dig deep enough i'm sure I also have a roll somewhere :grin:

Looks like you enjoyed that :thumbsup: They are a blast to drive.

You said you thought a few issues were ironed out with later cars - the majority of the changes were made to the production line in November 1991 so your car will benefit from those. Handling wise the battery went up front for better weight distribution and changes were made to the suspension. I think they’re all great cars but this did make a difference.

Re the exhaust, mine has a Nouvalari Supersport, only fit one if you’re neighbours are petrolheads or you don’t like them; it’s just a little loud. A sports exhaust does further help with weight distribution though as the back box sits out behind the rear axle and the standard system weight a lot more than a modern sports exhaust.

Ahh good to know the changes.

Unfortunately I have the nightmare neighbours from hell, they hate noise to the point that today (its frosty in the morning) I had to demise the Stradale, fired it up and literally let it warm up idling for less than 2 mins at 9.30am. I had the neighbour stood out in the road arms folded looking very annoyed. :mad: