What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Finally, I did a deal on my first Ferrari!

redwedge

I remember as a 13 year old boy spending hours gazing at magazine articles about the newly-launched Ferrari 355. I wanted one like I've never wanted any other car.

Having grown up and worked my way into a position where I could potentially afford to run one, I've spent the last two years with my heart saying "do it!" and my head saying "don't be stupid, get a Cayman/M3!". But, there's only really one car I've ever wanted and this evening, I finally did a deal on a 355 and paid a deposit to a private seller.

There are a couple of bits of maintenance that the seller has kindly agreed to undertake as part of the deal, plus a plate transfer to factor in, but in a couple of weeks, I'll finally fulfil a boyhood dream and turn the key in my own Ferrari!

So, as a long-time lurker I'd like to thank the various contributors to this forum who have shared knowledge that I've used during the hunt for a decent example, and as someone who isn't afraid of a spanner, I hope I can give something back to the forum in the future.

Shame I was too late to make it to Silverstone for the record-breaking gathering but you can't have everything!

Well done, enjoy, it's been my first year as an owner and I have to say I've enjoyed every second. If it hasn't got it then de cat and sports exhaust all the way, then find a very long tunnel..:thumbsup:

You'll never regret it

Well done for following your heart. These are truly spectacular and rewarding machines that give you more than the raw performance numbers would lead you to think.

Now we're all waiting for the pictures :)

You gonna love it :thumbsup:, remember to warm her up and watch out for the big blind spot over your right shoulder

A formal welcome and hello from me. The F355 is beautiful car indeed. I was not like you and only aspired to Ford Capris and Mustangs. For me Ferrari came late and Clarkson and one of his books was to blame.
The F355 was always the one I wanted, but then I started working out how to afford a Ferrari back in the late 90's when they were current. I always had to pinch myself when I had my Mondial, I still do that today even though it is the 2nd one. I will keep this forever I'm sure.

Congratulations on your purchase.

PS I have never owned a Capri or Mustang. :shocked:

Spice, you ever driven an Alfa GT? Blind spots on my F355 are nowt in comparison. Bloody awful car to reverse and I actually have nightmares about hitting things in my GT :D

Last edited:
no malc , but i am happy to have yours for the weekend :grin:, the blind spot and rear view in my Vantage roadster with roof up is dyer, I always do a moterbike over the shoulder life check before pulling onto motorways