What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Focus RS (mk3)

Angelis

Thinking of getting an RS to replace my Golf GTi.

Anyone got one?

What's it like to own?

Should I expect it to be stolen very soon?

I think they look like someone who is trying a bit to hard to be fast:laugh:. Try a Golf R or RS3 as well before you buy.

Regarding it getting stolen I now someone who had his bumpers stolen twice !! Once from his drive and another time in a public car park !!!

Picked my RS MK3 up in March, after year of waiting.
Proper value for money.
I've had a lot of RS cars over the years and this one is great too.
I can drive it faster on our roads than the 430.
It can be really docile or it can be driven like a hooligan.
Brakes are amazing.
In the wet ( and we get a lot of wet don't we ) you can get away swiftly from standstill and go around bends and roundabouts with confidence.
Are you likely to be at the Ferrari track day at Goodwood on Saturday as it's likely to be there.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think they look like someone who is trying a bit to hard to be fast:laugh:. Try a Golf R or RS3 as well before you buy.

Regarding it getting stolen I now someone who had his bumpers stolen twice !! Once from his drive and another time in a public car park !!!

Bumpers!!!!

Having done some research I think I may get a Golf Hybrid instead.

I don't normally pander to this kind of thing but if you have not already come across Fezza on YouTube, well he has a Focus RS and coincidentally a 360 Spider :shocked:
He's also on Fchat but I forget his name on there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIuwp4btdfC7zR41yCpx8mQ

Thanks Malc.

Old bloke in a young blades car. :grin:

Picked my RS MK3 up in March, after year of waiting.
Proper value for money.
I've had a lot of RS cars over the years and this one is great too.
I can drive it faster on our roads than the 430.
It can be really docile or it can be driven like a hooligan.
Brakes are amazing.
In the wet ( and we get a lot of wet don't we ) you can get away swiftly from standstill and go around bends and roundabouts with confidence.
Are you likely to be at the Ferrari track day at Goodwood on Saturday as it's likely to be there.
:thumbsup:

No, having a shower installed on Saturday.

Don't think i will be able to live with an RS as it will get stolen sooner or later. the bumpers anyway....

Bumpers!!!!

Having done some research I think I may get a Golf Hybrid instead.

Thanks Malc.

Old bloke in a young blades car. :grin:

No, having a shower installed on Saturday.

Don't think i will be able to live with an RS as it will get stolen sooner or later. the bumpers anyway....

You'd also need to buy a burberry baseball cap, lots of gold plated jewellery and a pierre cardin tracksuit :grin::grin:

They do seem good. I did fancy a bright Orange Mk2 with the 5-pot but they seemed to mostly be owned by those Burberry chaps who don't know what the peak is for on their caps :anxious: