What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Formula One

geoffpfc

Did anyone see the David Coulthard/Guy Martin program where they compared an F1 car with an F1 (?) bike - I loved it :thumbsup:

Just watched the OZ qualifying and what a bore this new method is, has Bernie lost the plot, first we had cars that too quiet and now everyone stops trying before the Q3 is finished :huh:

Yes enjoyed watching Guy Martin program:thumbsup:
But never saw qualifying as been in the garden for two days solid putting up new concrete Fence posts etc,I am totally knackered:thumbsdow

Geoff, you are of course implying that Bernie had the plot at some point in the past. I'm less than convinced.

What little I saw of qualifying looked to be a total farse. No idea why they thought this would be a good idea but they were wrong.

Geoff, you are of course implying that Bernie had the plot at some point in the past. I'm less than convinced.

What little I saw of qualifying looked to be a total farse. No idea why they thought this would be a good idea but they were wrong.

Well Pete I'm inclined to agree about Bernie, but he's earned more money than me so he must have got something right, one thing that surprised me was what his stunning young ex-wife saw in such a shrunken dwarf, (multi-millionaire :shocked:) who would give Gollum a close fight run in the ugly stakes :laugh:

Still at least the teams have now seen sense and say that they've bowed to the fans and will revert to normal qualifying in the next races.

Who was responsible for Alonso's crash:hmmm:

Shame to see that McClarens consistency from last year has carried through to 2016:mad:

Saw Speed with Guy Martin, brilliant. Missed qualifying but then I guess I missed nothing :grin:
Saw the highlights of the race which for now I'm happy to keep doing.

Driver Coaching

Am I the only one who thinks that Jenson Button "does protest too much" surely if he found that his brakes were not working he should have pulled into the pits for some repair, likewise being told not to use 7th gear, imho they should just use pit boards :huh:

End of Year Report

Well that was almost an interesting finale to decide the championship :hmmm:

Jenson got a nice send off:thumbsup:

I cringed every time the presenters mentioned that Susie Wolf was pregnant, she seemed a bit embarrassed.

I found the whole program (and series) disappointing as the small teams hardly get a mention, they need the air time to help with their sponsorship, it seems to me that the Germans get most airtime and they don't even have a grand prix.:thumbsdow

it seems to me that the Germans get most airtime and they don't even have a grand prix.:thumbsdow

Apart from the final one at Hockenheim on July 31 2016 that Lewis won you mean :wink3:

I don't recall seeing Susie Wolff recently on the Sky coverage :hmmm:

One change for the worse on Sky is that Martin's gridwalk is down from about twenty minutes to ten to facilitate the national anthem line-up

The cheer from the stands for Jenson was quite moving - were the Brits all there to salute him rather than Lewis ?

The cheer from the stands for Jenson was quite moving - were the Brits all there to salute him rather than Lewis ?
I hope so. I've thought it amusing all season that Lewis thinks he's the favourite British driver!

A fond farewell to both Button & Massa.

Apart from the final one at Hockenheim on July 31 2016 that Lewis won you mean :wink3:

I don't recall seeing Susie Wolff recently on the Sky coverage :hmmm:

One change for the worse on Sky is that Martin's gridwalk is down from about twenty minutes to ten to facilitate the national anthem line-up

Sorry I should have said for 2017.

I don't watch Sky, I only watch via Channel 4:shocked:

Probably there for Jenson, it seems that neither the pseudo German or pseudo Englishman are greatly loved by the indigenous population, I found it to be strange experience not caring who won.

Sorry I should have said for 2017.

I don't watch Sky, I only watch via Channel 4:shocked:

Probably there for Jenson, it seems that neither the pseudo German or pseudo Englishman are greatly loved by the indigenous population, I found it to be strange experience not caring who won.

Got it in one Geoff! I can't doubt Lewis's ability or the stoic approach of Rosberg this season but neither generates that fizz of excitement that Button did. And as for Mansell. Well I have never forgotten the raw excitement and passion of mansell-mania that i first experienced at Brands Hatch in '86. I remember butterflies in my stomach watching Grand prix starts back in those days. Long time since I have felt that.