What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Front foglight protection?

Angelis

How is everyone protecting their foglights?

I've just had the glass covers replaced and don't want them cracked again.

What's the best way to protect them?

Was thinking of paint protection film?

There was a chap I met at the Ferrari Racing Days event with a black 348 and he was manufacturing covers.
He had quite a selection of colours (different smoked effects, from clear to dark) .
I didnt catch his name, but he's on here, and his reg No. starts with C18.

I know they are not OEM, so some may pull a face, but on his car, he had a very dark cover and it looked very effective I liked them
(especially as the bloke from Germany who's selling the glass fog lights hadnt at that time emerged)

There was a chap I met at the Ferrari Racing Days event with a black 348 and he was manufacturing covers.
He had quite a selection of colours (different smoked effects, from clear to dark) .

I know they are not OEM, so some may pull a face, but on his car, he had a very dark cover and it looked very effective I liked them
(especially as the bloke from Germany who's selling the glass fog lights hadnt at that time emerged)

That's Mondial Dave.

Hi Matt, It was me you spoke to at FRD.
I will be going to Sharnbrook in May and will have some kits hopefully. (perspex covers with alloy brackets and screws)
They are not just a bolt on item. Drilling and careful positioning is required.
There is one small problem in that they will only fit the 348 built up to around mid 92 ish.
The later cars have a different aperture profile which means I need a later 348 in my garage for a few hours
in order to get a pair to fit so I can make a template.
See you all at Sharnbrook
Dave.