What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

German F1 advice

AJ3XX

Hi all,

I'm planning on going to the German F1 this year. I want to drive there and camp over the weekend with a mate. The plan is to go in the 348.

Looking for any advice - anyone done this ?

I've kept a keen eye on the F1camping Facebook page but currently they have no packages. I think this is because the location had only just been confirmed and it was a very late f1 diary entry. I've searched the web but can't see any camping promotions.

Thanks for any advice.

AJ

You might want to wait til the race actually is confirmed eg the circuit are still not selling tickets

As Jos says, keep an eye out for official confirmation of IF there is going to be a German GP.
Gut feel there will be, the argument is about politics and money, but it wont be long now before it needs settling and compromises adopted to allow time for plans to be made.

I thought I'd read it had been agreed for Hockenheim. BBC said it was settled back in mid January. Obviously not.

Has anyone camped at Hockenheim ?

Bernie announced in January the deal was done but admitted a week later that he'd forgotten to tell Hockenheim :laugh: "He then joked: “But we’ve got one, it’s called Austria".”

Last edited:
Ok, it looks like we might have to do Spa this year and Germany next.

Any views on the best grandstand to be in at Spa ? I presume the most expensive are the best but that isn't always the case, it certainly wasn't at Dhabi

Ok, it looks like we might have to do Spa this year and Germany next.

Any views on the best grandstand to be in at Spa ? I presume the most expensive are the best but that isn't always the case, it certainly wasn't at Dhabi

I have been twice but my memory is shocking. I know for one I was at Les Combes, but cant remember the other but think it was La Source. I would say its one of the better tracks for general admission though and there are plenty of viewing areas. The land and banks are sloped so you would get a good view.
Its worth a walk to the hairpins to get some close up pics for the drivers parade etc. I think I took the following at Bruxelles...

Tip: Take clothing for all weather - I needed my poncho both years.... not at all times, just sporadic rainfall. Also, its very hilly (moreso than it looks on TV) so comfy shoes and allow yourself plenty of time. Took me an hour to get from the coach park to my seat at Les Combes (I only know that as I wrote it on my photos).

MS spa.jpg

I have been twice but my memory is shocking. I know for one I was at Les Combes, but cant remember the other but think it was La Source. I would say its one of the better tracks for general admission though and there are plenty of viewing areas. The land and banks are sloped so you would get a good view.
Its worth a walk to the hairpins to get some close up pics for the drivers parade etc. I think I took the following at Bruxelles...

Tip: Take clothing for all weather - I needed my poncho both years.... not at all times, just sporadic rainfall. Also, its very hilly (moreso than it looks on TV) so comfy shoes and allow yourself plenty of time. Took me an hour to get from the coach park to my seat at Les Combes (I only know that as I wrote it on my photos).

View attachment 140281

Thanks Sarah,

Booked Gold 8 La Source tickets for all three days and camping package with tent already erected, parking space next to tent, breakfast and daily coach to track :thumbsup:

Taking a chap who works for me as a treat - going in the Ferrari too :grin: