What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Hi Folks,
Good news, I have finally managed to get my 360 confirmed as complying to the clean air zone’s in the U.K. :)
Previously I was ok in London’s ULEZ zone but Birmingham wanted £12 per day! Boo!
So after a few attempts it looks like there is a new process or one I was unaware of and now after a quick call, a couple of days later, my 360 is now exempt from the clean air zone charge.
Essentially the NOx limit for Euro 4 is 0.08g/km and the 360 is 0.06g/km, take a look on your V5C registration document. There is also a limit for THC (total unburnt hydrocarbons) 0.1g/km and CO 1.0g/km and these are not an issue.
The people you need to call are on the image below and you will also see a screen shot of the compliance with the clean air zones, happy days!
Jobs to do over the next month or so, 4x lambda sensors, as I have a MIL relating to the front Lambda on one of the banks.
You can get the Bosch parts cheap from buycarparts, but I wasn’t that brave so I got the Maserati branded items from the Ferrari main dealer, these have the same part number prefixed with an ‘M’, cunning!
All in, the parts were £632 versus £455 from buycarparts for the Bosch items.
Cheers, Giles

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A couple of videos first one showing the confidence that you get from the suspension knowing that you can pick your line around a traffic island and the 360 will faithfully stick to the intended line, without body roll or any hint of understeer and will still give great traction coming off, great for making progress.
The second vid is a brief acceleration only up to around 5k ish rpm, so no where near the red line but I think it still sounds great even after all the miles the engine has done.

https://youtu.be/bKKZCUZ4-Cg

https://youtu.be/cc2KhaHIZDE

Cheers, Giles
[edit, just watched again, maybe it’s a bit more than 5k rpm!)

Last edited:
Lambda sensors x4 now fitted.
Service interval for these show at 160k miles, so I’m a bit late in changing them! :grin:
Although I was only showing on the fault code reader one failed, all four done while we were at it, hopefully won’t need doing again.

Photos at Stradale Italia having them changed:

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Next job will be to get a ride height adjustment and full geometry set up done. I’m pretty sure it is sitting low at the front. At the same time I’m going to replace all the coil springs (thank you Mike) and rubber seats top and bottom. In all likelihood the platforms may well need cutting off and new fitted, we will see. For this work I’ll be going to Damax Engineering at Brackley who are expert at geo setting up and have loads of track experience (the boss is a previous Ferrari Maranello Pirelli challenge series championship winner) and know the 360 very well.

Cheers, Giles

Hi Folks,
I’ve had the new lambda sensors (x4) on the car for a few hundred miles now and there is an interesting (to me at least!) improvement to the drivability of the car.
I previously noticed that occasionally when pulling away from standstill sometimes the car would give a drop in torque and as a result the revs would dip. It’s like the old days when I was a young driver with an old carb car and you would get a flat spot in the power delivery, of course it’s ok and you learn to drive around it, but doesn’t feel right on a 360.
Good news, that characteristic has now gone, so I guess if the Lambda is not doing the job, maybe the fuelling system isn’t getting the appropriate information to give the correct fuelling, possibly giving a safe fuel delivery that might be weak, I’m guessing here but it’s plausible.
It’s great when you fix something and there are other improvements you were not expecting! Suffice to say the 360 is driving superbly.
Cheers, Giles

Sounds plausible and great to see you and the car yesterday. Not had a 360 on the drive for 3 years!
Keep the updates coming [emoji106]

Hi Folks,
Just fitted new wiper blades.
My £28 Denso Hybrid Wipers DUR-060R and 050R lasted 3 years 2 months and 31,970 miles.
Just bought Bosch Aerotwin flat blades AR 20U and 24U, £24 Euro car parts.

So there you go, if you are ever in a pub quiz and they need to know how long 360 wipers last, it’s 3 years and 32k miles :)

I think I’ve out geeked myself there :)
Cheers, Giles

(I would add a photo(!) but Tapatalk isn’t working and that’s the only way I know how to add photos!)

Hi Folks,
Just had the geometry and ride height done by Damax Engineering at Brackley, exec summary, superb!
The front (and rear it turns out) was very low due to tired and sagging springs. Net result being it was relatively easy to catch the front wheel arch with the tyre when on full lock and on a compound gradient for example reversing up a steepish drive. Not really a catastrophic problem as a bit of wood and a hammer with a few sharp blows can straighten out the pulled down wheel arch return.
Replaced parts are 4 off suspension springs, 8 off rubber spring seats (no images but from the main dealer), top and bottom for each spring.
When setting the ride height the spring platforms need to be wound up/down as appropriate, this can be a problem as they seize resulting in the platforms to be cut off. Mine where fine as the all dampers were changed 6 years ago 👍
These are my old springs…..
IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

And these beauties are my new (to me, ex Mike M’s 360, thanks Mike (y) ) springs….
IMG_1099.jpeg
IMG_1100.jpeg
Regarding the geometry, Robin from Damax, describes it as the ‘fast road’ set up. Added a bit of toe in at the back to settle the rear a bit on the motorway. It is noticeable, previously I was constantly dialling in correction following by counter correction. However now, none of that, it’s just completely stable, feels great! I’ve not explored the turn in on a fast A-road as yet but all indications are positive.
I’m off to Wales with the Cotswold group next week so I’ll get plenty of opportunity to get a good feel for it.
Ride height approx figures, front lifted 20mm, rear 10mm.

Just filled up on the way back from Damax, latest MPG figures, 24.7, pretty good and pretty normal for my 360 👍
Cheers, Giles

We have just had a couple of days away in Wales with the FOC, the new geometry is superb, very neutral but with the more keen turn in the rear does move around a tad more so it keeps you on your toes!
Some photos…..
IMG_1130.jpeg

f1350af0-b564-4881-80cd-baef6aa43d1e.jpeg

21b9ad71-a2d1-4260-9896-1c5ab3f2609b.jpeg

d4f9aa1d-d5fc-444c-ac9f-93aae02575d4.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

A video clip from the Welsh drove out with the owners club, clearly the audio isn’t great from the dashcam but I still think the standard 360 exhaust sounds great!

Cheers, Giles

From the couple of days in Mid Wales with the Ferrari Owners Club this is one of my favourite roads that stretches over a hilly section in the Snowdonia National Park. The A470 from Dinas Mawyddwy to the Cross Foxes Inn. Great visibility and sweeping bends let’s the 360 stretch its legs!

Wax polish time….
This time I was curious to see the difference between my Collinite 476s and my Carlack car care complete:
IMG_1648.jpeg

In true design verification test style on the 25th Sep ‘23 I waxed the 360 half and half with each product 🤓
Just under 3 weeks later while washing this is how I found the beading levels 🤓🤓
Drivers side roof, Collinite:
IMG_1628.jpeg

Drivers side front wing/bonnet, Collinite:
IMG_1630.jpeg

Passenger side roof, Carlack:
IMG_1629.jpeg

Passenger side front wing/bonnet, Carlack:
IMG_1631.jpeg

Both products were easy to use but I think the photos show the Collinite to be the clear winner! 🤓🤓🤓
Cheers, Giles