What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

I fell in love with an Aston yesterday!!!!!

DarkShines

I've been converted!!!!!! What a beauty!!!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385239.209747.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385253.250623.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385267.974663.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385282.564957.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385300.474093.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385313.997524.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385332.641640.jpg

Although......... I was shocked at how unexciting it sounded...... A few months ago a transported a DB4 around London for a couple of days in prep for an auction, and it sounded beautiful, but the DB5 not so........

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385469.086446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456385525.254369.jpg

I think I prefer the DB4 in all honesty....... What about you guys????

Saw two DB5s on Sunday, and heard one of them leave - was surprised at how good it sounded, so wonder why this one didn't?

Lovely cars, which I definitely can't afford! (And actually, although they are gorgeous I suspect that if I had £xxxx I'd probably spend it on something newer!)

View attachment 145318

View attachment 145319

View attachment 145320

View attachment 145321

View attachment 145322

View attachment 145323

View attachment 145324

Although......... I was shocked at how unexciting it sounded...... A few months ago a transported a DB4 around London for a couple of days in prep for an auction, and it sounded beautiful, but the DB5 not so........

View attachment 145325

View attachment 145326

I owned and renovated a DB4 a long time ago. With the faired-in headlamps the 5 and 6 look more "modern", not to say aggressive. As for the rear, the lantern light clusters of the 4 are more in keeping with the look of the car (IMO). As for the sound, the straight six with the standard exhaust system gave a powerful sound, but nothing like today's image of a "sporty" note. I suspect the sporty sounding ones today have a modified system. In short, the DB4 looks more dated from the front. The Bond image (DB5) is, to a large extent, responsible for that. Of course, the DB4GT is absolutely sublime - shorter looks more business-like................and you would have to have a very successful business to afford one!

The DB4 I moved was on behalf of a CS member & that went for just over £300k, and the DB5 was £800k

I remember a few years back (~5) seeing the DB5 in a Bond movie and thinking : that's a lovely car, I fancy one of them. I had no idea what they cost, and genuinely assumed they'd be in my price range. From memory, at the time even a basket case would be about £250k. At that point, I decided I didn't really need one after all!

Many years ago I drove a 5 to Scotland and back for a friend, and whilst the look cool as **** - right off the cool wall way into another universe - I was disappointed with how it drove and was actually pleased to get into the 205GTI 1.9 for the drive home.

I was at University with Piers Courage. I had a Spitfire, he had a DB4Zagato. Gorgeous. I was as envious as hell but then I didnt have a brewery named after me.

Just imagine what that car would be worth now.

I was at University with Piers Courage. I had a Spitfire, he had a DB4Zagato. Gorgeous. I was as envious as hell but then I didnt have a brewery named after me.

Just imagine what that car would be worth now.
I spotted a DB4 Zagato in a drive around the corner from me. I had to look it up to be sure so imagine my surprise when I found the car in the picture on wikipedia was the actual car I was looking at!

Many years ago I drove a 5 to Scotland and back for a friend, and whilst the look cool as **** - right off the cool wall way into another universe - I was disappointed with how it drove and was actually pleased to get into the 205GTI 1.9 for the drive home.

You are right. My Dad owned one back in the day and it always reminded you of its agricultural heritage.

DB4 GT for me, I think they look more aggressive when shorter, but I'd have any of the 4, 5 or 6's. Understated beauty!
:yes:
Saw two DB5s on Sunday, and heard one of them leave - was surprised at how good it sounded, so wonder why this one didn't?

Lovely cars, which I definitely can't afford! (And actually, although they are gorgeous I suspect that if I had £xxxx I'd probably spend it on something newer!)
and :yes: again.

Up there with 288GTO, Muira etc..

If you want to see some superb Aston's, I am helping organise one of the largest Aston gathering in July. It's at Burghley House Stamford on 3rd Jul. We have just about every type registered to attend. All welcome to come and visit. It's all for charity. Check out Pistonheads Aston page for more details.

I may have posted this before...

When looking for a Daytona one place that had one had this....Loved it. Went for a test drive and had it not filled with smoke on that test drive (loose pipe in the engine bay) I might have adjusted my search. It was actually cheaper than Daytonas were at the time.

This one drove very nicely, but had been fettled a lot.

biga.jpg

Really hope Aston come out with some great replacements for the DB9 and V8V. The world's a better place for having Astons in it....but they need to up their game.

I may have posted this before...

When looking for a Daytona one place that had one had this....Loved it. Went for a test drive and had it not filled with smoke on that test drive (loose pipe in the engine bay) I might have adjusted my search. It was actually cheaper than Daytonas were at the time.

This one drove very nicely, but had been fettled a lot.

View attachment 145357

Really hope Aston come out with some great replacements for the DB9 and V8V. The world's a better place for having Astons in it....but they need to up their game.

Cool wall has just had an extension fitted !!!