What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Mark's 360 F1

I think they changed their minds anyway and, after a scouting run in my 911 yesterday, I got the Ferrari out for a good blast today. Will post some pictures in my own thread in the Club section and stop hijacking yours now, Mark :laugh:

Have taken the 360 to a few Thames Valley FOC events and a local show yesterday. I'm loving this car.

I found out the exhaust is a Stage 2 Tubi, that will explain why you can hear it from half a mile away.

456.jpg

A.jpg

Have taken the 360 to a few Thames Valley FOC events and a local show yesterday. I'm loving this car.

I found out the exhaust is a Stage 2 Tubi, that will explain why you can hear it from half a mile away.

Fantastic you're enjoying the car so much :thumbsup:

You'll know if it is a Tubi - All Tubi exhausts have a small metal plaque welded on to the exhaust near the top with Tubi Style (in sort of 3D stylised script), made in Italy then a build number on it. Have a look around, you should be able to find it. Think they are normally on the back of the exhaust on a 360.

Last edited:
Yes I clocked it was a Tubi soon after I bought it when I saw the plaque, however I never knew it was a Stage 2. I didn’t know about the build number so thanks for the information.

Yes I clocked it was a Tubi soon after I bought it when I saw the plaque, however I never knew it was a Stage 2. I didn’t know about the build number so thanks for the information.

How did you come to the conclusion it was a stage 2 exhaust Mark.

I love the tubi on mine also and have been told I can be heard approaching a number of times... I haven't gone down the route of investigating what stage mine is but I'm now intrigued :hmmm:

How did you come to the conclusion it was a stage 2 exhaust Mark.

I love the tubi on mine also and have been told I can be heard approaching a number of times... I haven't gone down the route of investigating what stage mine is but I'm now intrigued :hmmm:

I am told Stage I is normal level (slightly louder than the stock 360 exhaust), Stage II is loud and there was a Stage III but it was so loud it couldn't be used for everyday use.

Does the exhaust note drone in the cabin of your car at low speeds? If so it's most likely a Stage II.

I am told Stage I is normal level (slightly louder than the stock 360 exhaust), Stage II is loud and there was a Stage III but it was so loud it couldn't be used for everyday use.

Does the exhaust note drone in the cabin of your car at low speeds? If so it's most likely a Stage II.

I think whoever told you that may be thinking of Capristos which have stage 1, 2 and 3. Tubi just has the two volumes - standard or 'Tubi Sound' which is quite a bit louder than a standard exhaust, sounds better but is sensible, and loud or '+Rumore' which is indeed extremely loud and up there with the stage 3 Capristo. Don't know if you can tell which it is from the plaque, both 'Sound' and '+Rumore' say 'competition use only' on most of them.

https://catalogue.tubistyle.it/ferrari/360-modena-spider-1999-2005/mufflers.html

Edit: These are the Capristo exhausts for the 360 (but it's the same 1,2 and 3 for other tipos). Usefully they give the dB over stock:

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/en...i/360/capristo-sports-exhaust-ferrari-360_518

Last edited:
I think whoever told you that may be thinking of Capristos which have stage 1, 2 and 3. Tubi just has the two volumes - standard or 'Tubi Sound' which is quite a bit louder than a standard exhaust, sounds better but is sensible, and loud or '+Rumore' which is indeed extremely loud and up there with the stage 3 Capristo. Don't know if you can tell which it is from the plaque, both 'Sound' and '+Rumore' say 'competition use only' on most of them.

Yes that's what I originally thought, so I have been misinformed then!

This is from there website:

The three kits are different for the sound level:

- A standard Tubi sound, that is louder than OE exhaust
- A louder sound
- A silenced sound, that permit to use the car inside European Urban tracks with dB limitations.

https://www.tubistyle.it/ferrari-360-modena-spider-challenge-stradale-exhaust-system/?lang=en

Yes that's what I originally thought, so I have been misinformed then!

This is from there website:

The three kits are different for the sound level:

- A standard Tubi sound, that is louder than OE exhaust
- A louder sound
- A silenced sound, that permit to use the car inside European Urban tracks with dB limitations.

https://www.tubistyle.it/ferrari-360-modena-spider-challenge-stradale-exhaust-system/?lang=en

I’ve not seen the silenced system for sale but I read that as the standard ‘Tubi Sound’ and the louder sound is the ‘+Rumore’. There’s no ‘silenced sound’ on their site for sale so maybe they somehow quieten down the normal Sound exhaust ?

I think where people have 2 cars both with a Tubi Sound but think one is different from the other is possibly where 1 car has standard cats and the other has high flow sports cats. Most standard cats cut down the volume a great deal while high flow sports cats don’t. That’s certainly the case on a 348 anyway.

Last edited:
Interesting subject...

I also initially thought there were only two and thought I'd seen that the loud version had a much smaller silencer.

I'm pretty sure mine is the standard Tubi Sound version which I'm happy with at present. I do keep toying with the idea of a set of Tubi manifolds and a high flow cats though... Not a cheap job but they're insulated like the OEM setup 🤔

I don't think I'm brave enough to go the whole shooting match and decat although I'm sure I could sell them on easy enough and then go high flow cats if I it ended up being too obnoxious 😂

I don't think I'm brave enough to go the whole shooting match and decat although I'm sure I could sell them on easy enough and then go high flow cats if I it ended up being too obnoxious ��

I’ve know people that have had decats and have replaced with modern high flows and said it made almost no difference albeit I’m talking 348s. I’ve also known people who went from OEM to modern high flow cats and it made a big difference. My reading of it is that by changing OEM restrictive cats to modern high flow cats you’re 9/10th of the way there to decats. My old setup was with high flow cats and it frankly couldn’t have been louder, registered the same as others with unrestrictive exhausts and decats.

You also need to keep in mind that decatting is an illegal modification and while it might only result in a slapped wrist from a nosey policeman if he knew what he was looking at, if you ever needed to make a claim and an assessor knew what they were looking at it could (in fact probably would) invalidate your insurance. Just not worth it imo especially when modern high flow cats essentially do the job without the risk.

Last edited:
Back on topic a bit have just taken my heat shield off and you can see the build number at the bottom of the plaque. Guessing Tubi can tell you if you have Tubi Sound or +Rumore from that number:

C233ADB7-ADB6-46D2-8D16-E20E2FCCE99E.jpg

My philosophy is what's the point in having it if you don't use it. And they're better when they're driven.

Do you use your 348 much?

Not nearly as much as I used to, did for the first 7 or so years but not so much now. Having had a bit of an enforced break over the pandemic for one reason or another I think I'll be using her a bit more this year though.