What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Mick Schumacher

cgt

Won an F4 race today. Often drivers who are siblings or relatives of greats have a huge amount of expectation on them which they fail to live up to. I guess the exceptions are Villeneuve, Hill, Rosberg.

Oh and Magnusson who in four races has completely overshadowed his Dad's entire career :laugh:

Ones who didn't quite live up to the hype, Bruno Senna, Nicolas Prost, Michael Andretti, David Brabham and Nelsinho Piquet. Wonder which camp Mick will fall into.

Attachments

• 11174436_970189559672064_8517094802919605261_o.jpg
    11174436_970189559672064_8517094802919605261_o.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 377
Got a feeling it'll be the latter but only because the shoes he has to fill are seriously large!

These "sons of" in motorsport are making me feel old

Mick Schumacher, racing under a different surname has had quite a successful karting career so am not suprised he's won a single seater race. I liked that he carries the 7 stars on the top of his helmet, like his dad, and wish him well.
I hope his career proceeds at the right pace for him.

To be fair, your point still stands if you look at the Magnussens too. :thumbsup:

True. I remember Jackie Stewart saying at the start of the 1997 season how he thought Jan was the next Senna... needless to say he was just slightly wrong.