What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Montreal

Whilst I don’t support Seb and at the end of the day he was the one who cracked; that penalty was pure BS.

Since Bernie stitched us up with Sky I don’t watch much anymore either .

Whilst I don’t support Seb and at the end of the day he was the one who cracked; that penalty was pure BS.

Since Bernie stitched us up with Sky I don’t watch much anymore either .

Having raced myself to a fairly decent level it looked 100% a 'racing incident' and especially given its a street circuit with no run-off in that corner where is he supposed to go? Having said that Seb once again makes an error under pressure and Hamiton had to take avoiding action or crash. A fair result for me given Hamilton clealry had him under pressure at that point and I could see the pass coming. Ferrari's straight line speed is not enough alone to win races.

As they were

What a joke

This is meant to be motor racing.

I have almost given up watching.
As we wont pay for Sky I was watching the highlights until they handed him the penalty. Switching off the TV and going to bed became more appealing than watching the end of the race.

As we wont pay for Sky I was watching the highlights until they handed him the penalty. Switching off the TV and going to bed became more appealing than watching the end of the race.

Me neither (pay for Sky) but watched it on the news.
Vettel should feel like a right tool today. Maybe hard done to but he’d have taken it gladly the other way round. It’s certainly not Hamilton’s fault.
As for stomping off and then moving the position board in front of his car [emoji107].

I’ve never rated him as a driver. He’s fast when out front, but useless under pressure and in the wet. He’s now also proven he can behave like a child.

Probably not a popular post on a Ferrari board [emoji1]

Vettel should feel like a right tool today. Maybe hard done to but he’d have taken it gladly the other way round. It’s certainly not Hamilton’s fault.
As for stomping off and then moving the position board in front of his car [emoji107].

I’ve never rated him as a driver. He’s fast when out front, but useless under pressure and in the wet. He’s now also proven he can behave like a child.

Couldn't agree more...but try posting that on FChat :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No, I agree changing the boards around was childish at best. To be fair, having watched it in full he went out of his way to say it wasn’t Hamilton’s fault, stopping mid interview on the podium to tell the crowd not to boo Hamilton which they were doing.

At the end of the day, yes, he made a mistake under pressure but penalising a guy for unsafely rejoining a track when he had full opposite lock on, sliding across the grass and only just missing hitting the wall is nuts and not what the regulation is there for. He didn’t ‘gain an advantage’ by going across the grass so they couldn’t get him for that and looked for something else.

It was a racing incident nothing else. Top drivers make mistakes because they're human.
The stewards have access to the telemetry which we don't so you have to assume they know exactly what happened, there was apparently evidence once under control he nudged the steering left? Personally if you deliberately made an 'error' you'd be less likely to complain.

The problem is and probably like football, which I never watch, the Stewards don't outwardly appear to be consistent. Hamilton did similar to Ricciardo in 2016 and nothing was done. Both Ricciardo and Hamilton agreed then it was just a racing incident.

Yes I'm a Ferrari fan and not particularly a Vettel fan (in fact as drivers go I have only really ever liked Jenson Button) but the penalty ruined an otherwise half decent race which Vettel deserved to win as much as Hamilton

A case of Mafia :laugh:

View attachment 154520

I've no doubt the stewards can totally justify their decision, but it is the over regulation of F1 that has become the problem. Too many rules.

Same with football and VAR. The technology may help but the rules are crap. Liverpool's penalty against Spurs in 2 minutes in the Champions League Final is a case in point. Yes, correct according to the current interpretation of the rules, but to every fan (other than Liverpool) it was nonsensical, against the spirit of the game, and effectively killed the game.

For F1, let them race no holds barred, let us hear very seldom from the stewards. It worked for decades so it can work now.

Stop funding them then..... :)

They're well and truly funded now. It's in the body shop... but did I have fun kicking seven shades of **** out of it or not :hmmm: :laugh:

I've no doubt the stewards can totally justify their decision, but it is the over regulation of F1 that has become the problem. Too many rules.

Same with football and VAR. The technology may help but the rules are crap. Liverpool's penalty against Spurs in 2 minutes in the Champions League Final is a case in point. Yes, correct according to the current interpretation of the rules, but to every fan (other than Liverpool) it was nonsensical, against the spirit of the game, and effectively killed the game.

For F1, let them race no holds barred, let us hear very seldom from the stewards. It worked for decades so it can work now.

I'll second that Francis.