What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

NEC, Birmingham Classic Motor Show 12th-14th November 2021

Me!

We’re probably going on the Friday as we can but not sure if any day is better…
I usually like Sundays for most exhibitions as the trade stands have the better deals?

I cant quite make my mind up - I just assumed Friday would be quieter with folk not being able to take time off work.

personally if your driving down avoid Friday, because when its time to leave Fridays the worst traffic in Birmingham if going North, south OK so come on weekend, or by train any day as stops straight at the NEC.

I was going to drive down Friday or Saturday, stay over nearby and return Saturday/Sunday.

Just wondering whether its worth going Friday if there's less people there

I cant quite make my mind up - I just assumed Friday would be quieter with folk not being able to take time off work.

its when you try and make your way home from the NEC on a Friday afternoon:thumbsup: it will will all wrong:grin:
welcome to our local road network.
trains though no worries:thumbsup:

I may do this. It has been a few years since I have been. I too would stay over. Not yet sure which night I would stay over though. I worked for Warwick Uni many years ago and as Paul says, Friday afternoon on the A45/M42... noooooo

Last edited:
I may do this. It has been a few years since I have been. I too would stay over. Not yet sure which night I would stay over though. I worked for Warwick Uni many years ago and as Paul says, Friday afternoon on the A45/M42... noooooo

I always go on the Friday and help man the FOC stand. Will be doing the same this year. Never been on Sat or Sun so can't speak for that. Traffic going south is just bad for the M42 bit but once on the M40 is fine.

You guys have put me off with the Friday traffic horror stories so Ended up booking for Saturday with the intention of staying over and coming back Sunday.

You guys have put me off with the Friday traffic horror stories so Ended up booking for Saturday with the intention of staying over and coming back Sunday.
We (myself and Joanne) are intending to go but I have not currently looked into tickets or hotel/B&B. I'm going to do that now.

As mentioned we visited yesterday, wasn't too sure I'd got the date right at first as there was a "comic con" on with everyone dressed as batman etc. sharing the same entrance - anyway each to their own! LOL

TBH I'm not a big fan of old humdrum makes and really go to see the rarer stuff. Think I may be getting past trudging round motorshows but here are a few things that caught my eye....

Random 328 - seems lower than I recall?! Would love ones of these - lovely looking car.

IMG_5670.jpg

Beautiful De Tomaso in an amazing colour

IMG_5675.jpg

Everyone loves at GT40

IMG_5676.jpg

This modern interpretation is absolutely massive - really cool looking car but I'm not sure I could ever own - very look at me

IMG_5677.jpg

Love Gallardos especially in white. It's actually the only Lamborghini I could ever see myself owning.

IMG_5678.jpg

Very nice condition 348 :)

IMG_5679.jpg

Nice F40 used to advertise a transport company

IMG_5680.jpg

Nice Bora in the Silverstone Auction. You had to buy a catalogue to enter the pen (I was too tight to) and I couldn't help notice that it was being treated as a sit in a photo op for people who were obviously not there to buy a car - not sure what I think about that TBH - wouldn't be happy if mine was one of the cars. Quite a few fold were opening the 512M and sitting in the driver's seat whilst their mate too a photo etc. GRRR!!!

IMG_5681.jpg

James Bond 007

IMG_5683.jpg

Complete with bullet proof shield

IMG_5683B.jpg

I really struggled to find the FOC stand - I actually had to go and get a program and look up where it was only to realise I had already walked past it a couple of times!!! They should really get themselves a few flags etc. and do something to make it stand out more. TBH it was quite a small display compared with previous years with only 3 cars on display. Bit disappointed but never mind.

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5686.jpg

Most impressive stand of the dat was the "Porsche Parts" which was not only massive but very professional - looked like a full on parts dealer - just wished I'd taken a photo but certainly top marks to them.

Only other highlight was the Strongman Tools stand were I could drool over a ramp -so want one!!!

Lowlight of teh day was I think I missed a hall - find the nec very confusing to go round. It was the one were they were doing the carebear ridealong thing. Only noticed it as we were leaving and I was too tired to go back. Never mind :-(