What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

New daily snotter

Murph7355

A bout of snow and ice in early December made me realise a more "practical" daily car was needed now I'm out in the back of beyond. AKA something I'd been thinking about for a little while suddenly had a good excuse!

tapatalk_1357423787256.jpg

And here after it's first day at work. Looks like I bought it just in time :)

20130114_175149.jpg

Bought from oop North so had a nice long drive back yesterday plus this morning's commute to start familiarising myself. Very, very quick! And the noise it makes is pretty good too :grin: I think I'm going to like this car a *lot*.

Now need to get some decent pictures of it. And to hope for a bit more inclement weather so the excuse has time to bed in with the other half.

RS4 Avant. :yes:

420bhp of bright blue loveliness :)

I just need the govt to scrap RFL and petrol duties as the amount I'm paying in both now could probably cover the run costs of half the UK road network :grin:

RS4 Avant. :yes:

420bhp of bright blue loveliness :)

I just need the govt to scrap RFL and petrol duties as the amount I'm paying in both now could probably cover the run costs of half the UK road network :grin:

420bhp? I thought it was 444 bhp or is that the previous generation?

420bhp? I thought it was 444 bhp or is that the previous generation?
414bhp as standard but hardly any of them make that (can be as low as early 300s if vac pipes are damaged etc) . This one's had a few bits and pieces sorted on the engine (V8) to take it up to what it should be.

They can be taken up to about 450-475bhp n/a or 600bhp with a supercharger apparently :eek:

The previous model can, I think, go even higher (twin turbo V6).

It doesn't need more though, especially on the roads I drive most often.

I was almost tempted by the latest S4. These can be taken over 450bhp quite easily/cheaply. But I prefer how this one looks and drives :thumbsup:

I did look for an Estelle, but they're rarer than a 348GTC. Does anyone know how much they're worth?

:grin:

I looked for an Estelle, it got me into all sorts of problems :grin: Ended up finding one and marrying her

Nice car, does it have pimped windows or is that a trick of the light.. paintwork colour is cool.

I looked for an Estelle, it got me into all sorts of problems :grin: Ended up finding one and marrying her

Nice car, does it have pimped windows or is that a trick of the light.. paintwork colour is cool.
Don't let her catch you comparing her to an Eastern European banger or you'll be on the hunt again :grin:

Pimped. But to use MLT's catchphrase, OEM. Saves having cheapo blinds in the car when Jr's in it I guess. And means I can transport the dead bodies of busty Swedish hitch hikers to the grit bin in secret (and at great speed).

Colour choice was this or Avus out of preference. MrsM preferred the latter but was pleasantly surprised when she saw this in the metal. RS4's need to be Avants and Sprint Blue :grin:

Don't let her catch you comparing her to an Eastern European banger or you'll be on the hunt again :grin:

Pimped. But to use MLT's catchphrase, OEM. Saves having cheapo blinds in the car when Jr's in it I guess. And means I can transport the dead bodies of busty Swedish hitch hikers to the grit bin in secret (and at great speed).

Colour choice was this or Avus out of preference. MrsM preferred the latter but was pleasantly surprised when she saw this in the metal. RS4's need to be Avants and Sprint Blue :grin:

Perfect motor for ram raiding and bank robberies then :grin:

Agreed. Have always liked these. :thumbsup: