What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Not back in a Ferrari just yet, but a cousin :)

Murph7355

After 8.75 generally happy years with it, I've now moved my Aston V8 Vantage on.

It was a great car but I fancied a change and with 2 young boys in the family now wanted something that could take more than 2 people so we can all enjoy it together.

The Aston had shockingly poor paintwork and the company dealt with it poorly, something that impacts all models in their range. So that, along with each model looking similar to the next (still) precluded staying with the marque. And besides, I wanted to go back to Italian motoring.

I thought briefly about 612s but am not convinced on Ferrari prices generally at the moment and have only seen one or two that I've liked the look of. FFs are too expensive for me right now without selling a couple of cars which I didn't want to do. Nor did I want to sink that much into a car at this stage.

Besides, I'd started thinking a lot about Maseratis having always liked the look of the GT...so that's what I did :)

MaserLeft.jpg
MaserRear copy.jpg
MaserRight.jpg
Interior.jpg

Not used it much yet, and won't until the weather gets better - I'm now joining those who only use their cars in fair weather with mixed emotions...as I have an RS4 to use it's not much hardship - but it's a fantastic piece of kit and the spec' on this one is much more special than all others I looked at.

Ideally wanted an MC Shift car, but these are rare and the specs of the ones that have been available over the last 4-5mths have been lacking. I very nearly bought one example but it wasn't to be. The newer Autos (2012 onwards) have a manual mode that is....very like a manual. No kick down, lets you bounce off the limiter if so desired. And the changes via the paddles are pretty good - a tad less crisp/quick than the MC Shift....but with none of the clutch change expense and able to be a chunk more muted and easy on long journeys if so desired.

I'll post more when I've put some miles on it, but so far it's good to be back in an Italian car. There's something a bit "more" about them IMO. Not sure what it is - perhaps a bit more edgy on the noise front, a tad more aggressive on the styling? Not sure what, but it's fun :)

Maseratis are just getting better. That looks so bloody good
I do fancy an older one at some point.
I do like this Andy. lovely motor indeed.

I also think they sound better than Ferraris :coat: