What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Replacing the airbag wheel - problem with Momo boss

redwedge

I'm in the middle of fitting a Momo Race steering wheel to my 355. It hasn't turned out to be the 15 minute job I imagined - someone has already had a go at that and had rounded off an airbag retaining bolt, so I spent a good hour drilling that out. I've finally got the old wheel off, only to find that the new boss won't simply slide on. There are three protrusions in the plastic part behind the original boss, with no corresponding holes in the new boss.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

Have I been sold the wrong boss, or have people drilled theirs in order to get them to fit? Or maybe I'm just doing something completely wrong?

Thanks
Steve

Thanks all, this is the Momo boss, model number A3910 - the shop (Larkspeed) said it would fit an airbag'd 355. I've just checked on the net and this does indeed look like the Momo-specified boss kit for the 355.

Tim, don't s'pose you know the model number of the Momo boss you're referring to?

EDIT: I've also found reference to the MA3910R, which I suppose is the one I need for a 355 with an airbag... the guy in the shop said I wouldn't be able to return the boss as it was a special order, so I guess I'll be having a discussion with them on Monday :-(

Last edited:
Thanks all, this is the Momo boss, model number A3910 - the shop (Larkspeed) said it would fit an airbag'd 355. I've just checked on the net and this does indeed look like the Momo-specified boss kit for the 355.

Tim, don't s'pose you know the model number of the Momo boss you're referring to?

EDIT: I've also found reference to the MA3910R, which I suppose is the one I need for a 355 with an airbag... the guy in the shop said I wouldn't be able to return the boss as it was a special order, so I guess I'll be having a discussion with them on Monday :-(

Hopefully he ordered the wrong one ,so therefore his fault and can take it back,if not talk to MOMO in wickford ,their main depot/distribution is there:thumbsup:
I think trade name is 'Brown and Geeson' sole UK importers

I called the shop, who spoke to Momo. They reckon that everything has to come off the column, including the spiral contact, in order for the boss to fit. That doesn't sound right to me, as I would end up without a horn.

Is there anyone else on here who has fitted the Momo boss to their 355?

Just thought I'd write a quick update, as it's always a bit annoying when you're searching threads and they don't really come to a conclusion. I had a quick chat with Tim (thanks!) who confirmed the spiral contact should remain in place. I then spoke directly to the UK Momo importer who asked for some pictures of the new boss vs the original boss, as they haven't actually fitted this particular model to the 355.

So, until Momo rectify the issue (which may be a manufacturing problem in that they've not drilled out the relevant holes), I would consider the Hill Engineering boss over the Momo one if you want to get rid of the 355 airbag wheel.

I think you will find that's why hills made the boss in the first place
Sorry to hear you've had all these problems, hope you get it sorted soon