What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Rugby - World Cup 2015

sarahschummi

Ok ok, noticed there was nowhere I could talk about the Rugby, so here it is, a dedicated World Cup thread!
Anybody out there like Rugby or watching the World Cup?

I was at the NZL v ARG match earlier today which was great - especially the second half!
Cant wait for my next game which is USA v RSA. Lets hope the Springboks do better than they did against Japan!!!!! :thumbsup:

Italy Canada in Leeds next weekend & Argentina Tonga in Leicester the week after - hoping both should be very close games

I worked at Twickenham Friday & Saturday and Wembley on Sunday and had a ball :grin::grin:

The atmosphere was amazing and I get to add Rugby World cup to my security CV :dude::dude:

England v Australia at Twickenham in 2 weeks time. Rugby should be a cracker...downside to this I cant stand Heineken and they arent selling Guiness. 😐

England v Australia at Twickenham in 2 weeks time. Rugby should be a cracker...downside to this I cant stand Heineken and they arent selling Guiness. 
Ditto.

By 2000 I'll have had so much Guinness in Richmond that the Heineken will be used as a palette freshener in time for a kebab.

RSA v Japan was the game of the tournament so far.

England were their sloppy selves giving away points needlessly. But the odd good sign...

Im hoping the fiji game was a warm up. Wales will be a massive test and a wake up. Play average and they will destroy England. If they step up to the mark then the Aussie game will be great Atmosphere irrespective will be superb. Aussie bashing its a national sport😊

Good effort by Namibia tonight against the mighty All Blacks. Glad it wasnt totally one sided and they did get some points. Got to love the underdog - just regular dentists, farmers, students etc. Well played :thumbsup:

Good game to watch last night down the pub, but you have ask, when your 3 points behind and a penalty awarded to bring it all level and to make qualification easier to the quarter finals, it was a very Bold move to go for a try:hmmm:

This may come back and haunt England if they now fail to qualify, big call:hmmm:
Overall though very exciting game to watch they played well but still gave plenty of penalties cheaply away.

I thoroughly enjoyed last nights game. Irrespective of the result which Wales deserved, they were superb despite all the injuries. The England team had it in the bag to then squander it with cheap penalties.
This makes next week against Australia even more important. England lose.....they're out.

...The England team had it in the bag to then squander it with cheap penalties.
This makes next week against Australia even more important. England lose.....they're out.
Well said.

I reckon it gets worse and that realistically England need to beat Australia by more than 7pts to ensure they don't get a loser's bonus. And put a haul of points onto Uruguay.

England have been reckless with penalties for a decade now. Massively frustrating to watch (especially that price plum Cole).

They were 10pts ahead at half time, and Wales had to sub out half their team. They should have been dead and buried but played out of their skins. Well done them, but England choked.

Owen Farrell for man of the match for me though. Had a great game.

Watched it on TV - really wanted Canada to win :cry:

The Springboks definately upped their game against Samoa :thumbsup:

As for England v Wales - no comment :huh: :cry3:

I think that Wales won as they were more fired up, probably due to them having a rousing national anthem and we've got one used by Liechtenstein, :laugh: what a dirge:cry: