What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Scam warning

wheels1

Scam warning
There is a guy out there who is scamming lots of un-suspecting supercar buyers.
He gets you number if you selling a high end car or number plate etc.

The text goes something like this:-
I have a rare Pista Aperta [ or similar] on order, but I now want the new special version coming out, I have it order with XXX main dealer and sounds very plausible, I got your number from a friend of mine.

He has somehow got hold of different main dealer invoices and doctors them to suit the car in question, he asks for a 20k deposit and you can take over the order slot from him. I think he used to be a car dealer and that is how he knows so much about cars.

I know of 2 people now that have given him a 20k and 30k with no likelihood of getting it back as he asks for a bank transfer, one was last year and the other this week. The police know about him and he has been doing for over 2 years.
Main dealers were sent an email last year about this guy, but I was told a large indi was also taken in by him recently [ can't confirm this]

As the saying goes if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

I just received this 'offer' by text this afternoon!!

What spec you going for? :laugh:

Feel free to pass on my details and I will make intros to a very nice Prince from Africa who can help handle the financial transfer through my bank account!

Surely letting the police have it is the best thing to do?

The Police were informed early last year, but seemed to put very little effort into this, and as he is still at it, I thought it would be wise to warn people here as they are most likely to be on his radar.

I absolutely agree, but I think they need to know each and every time this turns up. He needs to be in prison.

If what i was told last year is right, he was still doing even from from prison!

Ex car dealer so that's how he knows so much jargon.
If I can find the police contact I will post his email, then anyone that's been affected can contact him directly

I have found the email of one of the investing officers, rather than post it up, please PM me and I will pass it on to you.
Grant