What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Sore loser

Paddy Lowe didn't seem too impressed.
Lewis could afford to be aggressive into turn one, whereas Nico couldn't.
I think Lewis being assertive rather than aggressive.
Anyway Nico lost the race under pressure again. It must be hard for him being second best to Lewis whenever the've been teammates.
Congratulations to Lewis, a worthy champion

Whenever the two have had a falling out its always Lewis who shows the first forgiveness i have found. Don't think he meant anything by the hatgate incident that was just Nico's sulking. :thumbsdow

Well I disagree !! Thought the way the hat was thrown was a bit off. Remember Nico has just seen the slim chance of beating Lewis disappear ......... look at his body language sat on the seat- so Lewis was stupid to throw the hat at him in a dismissive way - he would have been better off just leaving him alone or walking over to offer a consolatory handshake along with the hat.

These guys are running on adrenaline for 2 hours so will be idiots for a while after

I thought the same TBH.
Lewis through him the losers hat....he through it back
Better to have left him alone.
Lewis is the worthy champion though and has been very impressive with the PR this year.

I thought the same TBH.
Lewis through him the losers hat....he through it back
Better to have left him alone.
Lewis is the worthy champion though and has been very impressive with the PR this year.

He threw it to him also.....don't want the grammar police after me again :D

Lewis has been dominant and is a great winning driver, and can rightly be proud for what he has achieved.

However I think he is a bit too arrogant and had got to big for his boots. He was the product of the Mclaren racing organisation so from a young age so wont have struggled like a lot of other drivers. Since he went to Mercedes it looks like he has had some coaching on what to say when he wins a race to "appear" to have a bit more humility - listen to it the next time he wins he goes through the list in his head on who he has to thanks for his success.........its pretty much the same speech each time so probably rehearsed !!!

Most will disagree with my views but Lewis seems to live in his own world and sod everyone else !!!

I used to think very much the same as you about Lewis. He has grown up a great deal in the past two years though and I think you are wrong now. He certainly does not come from the privileged background Rosberg does.

As always the telling character traits are in defeat, not when winning, and contrast Hamilton in Singapore. I also think he handled himself very well in Monaco when he was obviously furious.

I don't think he's a good enough actor to fake speaking with the sincerity he does when it comes to struggling to succeed in a financially dominated sport. The McLaren support came far later.

Oh and they did shake hands before 'capgate' if you saw the broadcast. He can also be seen handing Vettel's 3rd place cap to him in the video.

*anker

why is it if nico gets near Hamilton,the **** gets on the radio to complain, if Hamilton pushes nico off he`s a bloody hero, arrogant *rick

Well I disagree !! Thought the way the hat was thrown was a bit off. Remember Nico has just seen the slim chance of beating Lewis disappear ......... look at his body language sat on the seat- so Lewis was stupid to throw the hat at him in a dismissive way - he would have been better off just leaving him alone or walking over to offer a consolatory handshake along with the hat.

These guys are running on adrenaline for 2 hours so will be idiots for a while after

+1

I think it's the driver that is most likely, and does, produce results. Makes the the whole companies life easier.
Thought that would be obvious.
All the most successful drivers seem to be self centred and get the teams to concentrate on them rather than the team mate but they have to deliver.
Bit like Vettel and MS at Ferrari
In the end the best driver in the team won and Nico didn't handle it very well, although his feelings are understandable.

Nico's a good driver.
Hamilton is a great driver.
It's no different than any other team in the past.....
I never liked Schumacher (shock horror) because he manipulated the team around him and took wins off team mates when he just didn't need to......
I think Mercedes are being fair to both drivers.
Nico is smarting because he has the car and chance of being world champ and is being fairly beaten.
As Mansell said yesterday....Nico needs to stop looking at/blaming Lewis and make his own mark.

As Mansell said yesterday....Nico needs to stop looking at/blaming Lewis and make his own mark.

Which is precisely the situation Nige was in against Prost but he did learn from and once he did he went on to be more successful. And Prost was a far more dominant team-mate than Hamilton is to Rosberg.