What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

South West Ferrari Cars and Coffee 2019

Bluebottle

The days are getting longer and the weather is getting better (sort of!), so Spring can’t be far away – time to get your Ferrari out of hibernation!

If you came along last year, you know the form. If not, then this is something for Ferrari owners in the South West who like to do things on the spur of the moment, because it seems like a good idea at the time, instead of planning ahead. This is a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required.

No special arrangements, just a chance to meet up with other Ferrari owners, see their cars, have a chat over a cup of coffee, etc., and to take your car out for a drive early on a Sunday morning when there is not so much traffic around, pick up the papers, and get home in time for lunch.

So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West and encourage them to come along some time - this is not a Ferrari Owners’ Club event so any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not.

Date: Sunday 10th. March and the second Sunday of every month thereafter:

Sunday 14th. April
Sunday 12th. May
Sunday 9th. June
Sunday 14th. July
Sunday 11th. August
Sunday 8th. September
Sunday 13th. October

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for hot drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue
: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

Looking forward to seeing you there some time this year!

The days are getting longer and the weather is getting better (sort of!), so Spring can’t be far away – time to get your Ferrari out of hibernation!

If you came along last year, you know the form. If not, then this is something for Ferrari owners in the South West who like to do things on the spur of the moment, because it seems like a good idea at the time, instead of planning ahead. This is a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required.

No special arrangements, just a chance to meet up with other Ferrari owners, see their cars, have a chat over a cup of coffee, etc., and to take your car out for a drive early on a Sunday morning when there is not so much traffic around, pick up the papers, and get home in time for lunch.

So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West and encourage them to come along some time - this is not a Ferrari Owners’ Club event so any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not.

Date: Sunday 10th. March and the second Sunday of every month thereafter:

Sunday 14th. April
Sunday 12th. May
Sunday 9th. June
Sunday 14th. July
Sunday 11th. August
Sunday 8th. September
Sunday 13th. October

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for hot drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue
: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

Looking forward to seeing you there some time this year!

John - I am a definite this Sunday 10th March, along with a TVFOC friend, Peter, who will be in a Bentley or Ferrari depending on how he feels on the morning and how the weather is (though looks good). Prepped my car today, first proper run of the year.

Anyone else coming from the East, we are meeting at the Esso service station at Popham on the A303 8.40 - 8.50. If you want to join us post here so we won't leave without you (and even better PM me your phone no so we can check where you are).

I’ll be heading down.

Be doing a quick pit stop for a decent coffee at the Starbucks after Mere!

Thinking of coming down, weather permitting, we join after Popham Francis but may see you enroute

Might be wet first thing but brightening up. I and another friend in either one of his Ferraris or a Bentley will arrive at about 10.00.

Looking forward to the first proper run of the year (100 miles each way for me).

Might be wet first thing but brightening up. I and another friend in either one of his Ferraris or a Bentley will arrive at about 10.00.

Looking forward to the first proper run of the year (100 miles each way for me).

Ooops - I think I told you all of that a couple of days ago!

Thanks John for kicking this off again!:thumbsup:

Fun drive down; if a wee bit windy :shocked: (Andy, that 458 is somewhat quick!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Great to catch-up with people and meet some new as well (599 was lovely!)

Now just to find a new route home next time!

Thanks John for kicking this off again!:thumbsup:

Fun drive down; if a wee bit windy :shocked: (Andy, that 458 is somewhat quick!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Great to catch-up with people and meet some new as well (599 was lovely!)

Now just to find a new route home next time!

+1, Thanks John and nice to meet you.

Was a nice drive down there (Windy mind) and had a bit of open road in places. And I was only 4 minutes late meeting Adrian:shocked:

Traffic back was heavy though.

After I left you Adrian I somehow ended up back on the A350 to J17. :hmmm::(

Great turn out for a very windy March morning, thanks for organising John and good to see some new and familiar faces, great breakfast too :thumbsup:

Thanks John.

Good to see everyone and Peter and I enjoyed 2 hours looking round the museum when everyone else left.

Had a nice drive back in the sunshine except for one torrential downpour which did at least wash the car a bit so it probably was a bit cleaner when I got back than when I left the museum.

Only bad bit was that some plonker parked so close to the driver side of my car that I had to push it out of the parking space before I could get into it :mad:

Good to see you guys - thanks for coming along, especially those who came from far afield.

I thought I was going to be outnumbered when these twins turned up

View attachment 154112

so I was very relieved when the rest of you arrived. 9 cars was a good turnout considering the time of year and the weather. Hopefully we'll get a few more later in the year.

View attachment 154120
View attachment 154113
View attachment 154115
View attachment 154116
View attachment 154117
View attachment 154118
View attachment 154119

Just looked at the practicalities of joining you in the spring....
400 mile round trip might be pushing it a bit [emoji848]