What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

South West meet?

litheu

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums and to Ferrari ownership! I recently picked up a 355 spider in red (of course!). I was thinking of joining the FOC but see that most of their events seem to be around Northants area.

Are there any meets in the South West? (Bristol, Somerset, Exeter, Devon, Lyme Regis, etc)?

Would be fantastic to get a few people together and cruise through Cheddar Gorge!!

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums and to Ferrari ownership! I recently picked up a 355 spider in red (of course!). I was thinking of joining the FOC but see that most of their events seem to be around Northants area.

Are there any meets in the South West? (Bristol, Somerset, Exeter, Devon, Lyme Regis, etc)?

Would be fantastic to get a few people together and cruise through Cheddar Gorge!!

A lot of the FOC national meets are as you say around Northants as that is more central for everyone but you should note that the Area Groups are very active and most have regular meets and other activities in their own areas.

Your area is perhaps not so well served as some, but certainly those other areas near you, Wessex and Cotswolds are very active. You should check it out a bit more before discounting the FOC. Try contacting the FOC office and ask to be put in contact with those Area Group Organisers and I am sure they would welcome you to an initial meeting while you decide whether or not you want to join.

Hi Simon,

Welcome and good choice!:thumbsup:

What Francis says...Wessex, Cotswold and the Welsh contingent are all very active.

and...there is an informal meet at Haynes Museum last Sunday of each Month; next 29th August. This is kind of split between the local FOC group (Wessex) and Drivers Union (https://thedriversunion.com/). Even if you aren't a member feel free to come along and see what we are all up to and hopefully join some clubs.:thumbsup: We generally meet for around 9-9:30 for bacon butties. I think this coming one FOC are organising a little drive out after, but not sure.

There is a Ferrari/TVR event up at Prescott Hill Climb 21st August. https://www.prescotthillclimb.co.uk/event-details/car-club-day-ferrari-tvr Cotswold FOC will be there; come along and meet them, Rob who runs this group will be there.

Also up this way is the Broadway car show this coming weekend. All the formal spaces are long gone via various car clubs, but you can access as "Joe public". Good place to meet car club members and see what they are all about.

Lots happening in and around Bristol way via other clubs as well, such as https://www.sccprivatemembers.com. More than happy to introduce you to Brad and Rachel who run it.

I think you will find once you get into a few clubs there is a huge amount going on; this year has been particularly busy with at least one event every weekend within sensible reach, so no excuse not to put miles on the car.

Yes, I has heard about the Cotswolds / Broadway meet, but its a shame that there isn't more south of Bristol. I reached out to the FOC a few days ago but they haven't replied yet...

I used to go to the Haynes Breakfast clubs in my previous car (Noble), but I didn't know about the informal meet, thanks for that.

I think I will see what the FOC says and also make contact with SCC and the Drivers Union :)

Yes, I has heard about the Cotswolds / Broadway meet, but its a shame that there isn't more south of Bristol. I reached out to the FOC a few days ago but they haven't replied yet...

Was a busy few days for them with the Summer Garden Party and Concours over the weekend.

Hope they reply soon.

F