What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The Porsche Museum in Stuttgart

Kyodo

We planning to stay a few days in the Black Forest as part of a road trip in the planning. As an option, and certainly a wet weather probability we'll only be about 50 miles from Stuttgart so a trip out to Porsche seems like a good idea. I think they only have underground parking and we'll be there in our 360. We don't usually do big car parks/undergrounds/multis in that so my question is has anyone else visited in a low, wide car? I'd imagine the parking would be fine and not a horribly narrow, steep affair like we often see in other places. However, if you've been were you comfortable with the parking?!!

Thanks
M

Last edited:
Parking will be fine. Lots of spaces and the ramps are gentle compared to most. They also park a few race cars in an area behind temporary screens on the first level down.

You can easily do porsche and Mercedes in a day as the porsche museum is actually quite small. The christophorus restaurant on the top floor at porsche is very good. Mercedes is a much better and larger museum.

This place is also very good. The hotel, on the old zeppelin airfield, has classic car dealers in the lobby and has Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, porsche, McLaren and and rolls Royce official dealerships on site.

https://www.v8hotel.de/en/

We were there this summer in an F type coupe with friends in a Boxster and it was fine. There is a steep slope down to the car park but neither car ground out. Once down there it it is roomy with easy parking. It’s slightly worse on the way out as there is a barrier right at the top but again we were fine. You may know that there is special exhibition of Le Mans cars there at the moment (not for much longer - maybe a couple of weeks) that is spectacular. There was a lot of traffic in the area but it was well worth the visit. Have fun!

We went in our Vantage S last year which is very low and no problems with the car park 👍

I've been in the car park in my 550 without any problems.
A passenger is useful at the exit barrier as the ticket machinery is on the left side.
Exit is fairly steep. Good test of the handbrake!

I stayed at the V8 hotel. How many hotels have a car in the reception?