What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Will Audi Buy McLaren? & more on the Aston Martin Saga

I've read that a Porsche/Audi collaboration with Red Bull Racing is on the cards.

I personally know three senior executives at AM (one the head of a large internal division) who have left quite suddenly in the past few months so something is definitely a bit smelly there...

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I've read that a Porsche/Audi collaboration with Red Bull Racing is on the cards.

I personally know three senior executives at AM (one the head of a large internal division) who have left quite suddenly in the past few months so something is definitely a bit smelly there...

Porsche and Red Bull would certainly be quite clean from a branding perspective. Also would provide Red Bull and avenue to cash out at some point.

Why would they wish to do so? VW already have enough cash hungry marginal businesses with the likes of Lambo. Why would they want McLaren, Lambo and Porker all under their umbrella?
The same Porsche which is one of the most profitable car companies in the world..Lamborghini also posting very healthy profits for the last few years.

The same Porsche which is one of the most profitable car companies in the world..Lamborghini also posting very healthy profits for the last few years.

One thing the VW top brass learned from the Wendell Weiderking era is that it doesn’t matter what the volume is - if you build cars like Toyota you make money. Ferrari got that memo too. Why McLaren and Aston can’t follow the playbook is frankly beyond me.

One thing the VW top brass learned from the Wendell Weiderking era is that it doesn’t matter what the volume is - if you build cars like Toyota you make money. Ferrari got that memo too. Why McLaren and Aston can’t follow the playbook is frankly beyond me.
Dr Wiediking definitely ruffled a few feathers initially both with the implementation of just in time production and his aggressive financial investment strategy.

But in many ways he set the template for what was a niche manufacturer to become hugely profitable without compromising desirability of the product.

In 20 years Porsche has gone from being on life support to being wildly profitable and blue chip. Their status in the late 90's was not dissimilar to the two manufacturers in question.