What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Windscreen replacement

Need a new windscreen on our 550, a friend had one done years ago and it seems its very easy for a fitter to damage the paint in the bottom corners under the glass, which then oxidises ..does anyone have a recommendation for an experienced fitter in the North of England pleeeeease.. ? Spoke to a couple who say no problem, but never done one before

Not a 550 but had the windscreen replaced on my 348 a while back. Apparently can be a right faff as the frame the windscreen sits in can 'bond' to the car so it can be difficult to remove and you normally have to replace that as well as the glass, think I have that right although it was years ago. Didn't want to trust a regular fitter who may have not seen it before so got it done by my local main dealer. Was all done under windscreen insurance, think the insurance company got a bit of a shock when they got the bill mind you :D

Had mine done a few years ago at the local AutoWindscreens place. I think the bill came to £1,300 in total - a new seal had to come from Maranello, which wasn't cheap