Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. Wilpert

Still looking for a 458 spider just struggling with options and price of course.

Having worked my way through several Porsches and enjoyed most of them. I decided to have a change and bought a California V8, had it over a year now and it’s been for me a decent entry level Ferrari. Real head turner in the Rosso Fiorano and a lovely sound. No major niggles except squeaky...
  2. Wilpert

Why so colour sensitive.

Hello to all, I’ve done the rounds with quite a few cars in my life, including 7 porsche cars. Not all at the same time I’m afraid but anyway, I’ve often gone for lovely colours, from red to purple and some boring ones in between. Ive never had trouble come resale time but now that I’m on the...
  3. Wilpert

Opinions on this 458 spider please. I know it’s a bit colourful.

Hello all, Currently driving a fiarano Rosso Cali V8. Feel like a step up and I’m heavily tempted by 458 spiders. I’ve seen this and I’m certain some will detest the colour combo. Yes, I do like it and I feel the price, mileage and spec are good. Just considering hard times come resale...
  4. Wilpert

Dead as a dodo help please.

I’m guessing this one has been done to death but hopefully somebody can assist. I use my Cali at least once a week, usually at the weekend but then I do reasonably long ish trips. I.e. minimum 12 miles each way and often more. so, after a week on the drive, today it wouldn’t turn over, I got...
  5. Wilpert

Help please on potential high owner 458 spider.

Hello to all, I’ve been looking at 458 spiders and my budget is limited to 150k max. I know that restricts my options a tad but that’s life. I e seen one that has a good spec and miles are not too high at 28k for a 2012 plate. Price is 140k Problem is that car in question has 8 previous...
  6. Wilpert

Pcp rates right now?

Looking at upgrading from my Cali to a 458 spider (as per my my other posts) After trade and a deposit if I spent total say 165k My deposit and trade in total 85k So financing 80k (ish) I’ve tried to Google possible options but every time I do this, I get lenders who want me to input the...
  7. Wilpert

Spider or italia - red, white,black or silver?

Yes, I know it’s all down to personal choice but as per my other posts, I’m in the lookout for a 458 spider. BUT, having seen the prices I’m having to adjust my sights a little. Ideally would like to spend max 150k for a spider but I’m aware I could get similar mileage and spec car in Italia...
  8. Wilpert

Good indie repair/service in London/Essex

Thinking ahead here, anybody know a decent service and repair garage in London or Essex? Also and I do know it’s been done before, anybody know who carries out the dreaded dct sensor replacement work, not that I’m being pessimistic of course 😀 Sorry, forgot to say the car is a Cali V8 2010
  9. Wilpert

458 Spider - what are the must haves when buying one of these?

As per thread title, apart for the obvious things such as colour choice, what are the things that buyers would usually look for, when considering ownership and potential resale later on. This is long term thinking from me, I am not going to rush out and buy one but if the right one came along at...
  10. Wilpert

Anybody gone from a Cali v8 to a Cali t ?

As per the title. For me it would be quite a hike in cost as my v8 NA is a 2010 plate. Very well loved and lovely colour combo etc. I’ve just got tempted by the Cali t’s looks and performance. Anybody made the transition, is it worth what would be around 30 to 40k for me extra? Or should I...
  11. Wilpert

odd glitch when using the driver info screen on California 2010

Just had a wheel and tyre replaced, so i now get the yellow box and message - TPMS needs to be reset. I tried to scroll through the options on the display but it wont move to the next screen. I look in the hanbook and nothing to explain why this is happening. So I tinkered with other bits...
  12. Wilpert

Are 19s such a bad idea on California?

As per my post re pothole damage. I’m seriously considering getting a decent set of 19” wheels and tyres on eBay for around 1k Reason is I’ve just blown a tyre and damaged a wheel over a ridiculous pot hole. The wheel damage is minor but I’ve asked several people and they say as long as...
  13. Wilpert

bloomin eck wot a pot ole will council pay out - hmmmmm...

Im hoping to make a claim against the council. left me stranded and had to recovered on a flatbed.
  14. Wilpert

Petrol pump keeps cutting out during fuelling.

I know it sounds a bit random and at first I thought it was a glitch but it’s happening every time I fill up the car. I put the nozzle in and when I depress the handle on the fuel pump, it cuts out, the same way that it would do if the tank was full up. I did a Google search and I got a few...
  15. Wilpert

part numbers on spares and accessories - is there a standard format

was having a nose around behind the wheels on my Cali 2020, (it all started with squeaky brakes but that's another story). anyway, I noticed on the nearside, the damper looked much newer than the one on the drivers side. I considered that this may have been replaced in previous ownership, my...
  16. Wilpert

HS package in the Cali - magnaride

mine has Magnaride and feels pretty good for general use, not floaty and corners well for a RWD I wont be doing track days in this car so it is fine with me. at the time of purchase i was drawn to going for a very similar car, colour and spec etc. the other car was a later model and had a...
  17. Wilpert

roll back - how to avoid pls help

As per title. I am used to driving Porsche and other cars with PDK type gearing. I just can't seem to get used to the, what seems to me to be old fashioned automatic car, roll back when you're on an incline. My Porsche used to always automatically hold and i NEVER used the electronic brake...
  18. Wilpert

Wanted - wind deflector (preferably with case) for California 2010

Hello, Looking for a wind deflector for California 2010, prefer with bag but not essential. Anybody got one for sale?
  19. Wilpert

Music system head unit upgrade - anybody done it

Hello all, as per title above, my new to me 2010 Cali has had the head unit replaced with an Alpine unit, that also has apple car play and nav etc. They also installed an amplifier in the boot, so it's all pretty good but I don't like that it has pinched a bit of boot space. I'm totally not...
  20. Wilpert

Squeaky brakes. I know it must have been done already

I’m getting to know my new to me 2010 Cali I’ve asked a few questions but I can always find more �� The latest is the squeaky brakes thing. I’ve had ceramics on my 911 turbo s and they did squeak a little but not like these. The car is 28k miles in and I’ve looked at the...