What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

355 broken suspension actuator

doggydog33

Does anybody have a broken suspension actuator for a 355?
My suspension light has come on and I suspect I have a faulty actuator. I was hoping to get another broken one to ‘open up’ and have a look at before I tackle mine.

Regards, doggydog.

From my experience it’s more likely to just be the gear underneath the actuator
If you can hear the motor working when you first turn the ignition on then chances are it’s the gear.
If no noise then perhaps a broken wire or motor.
I’ve done a couple on mine several years ago, the gears had split into pieces, seem to remember they were made from an aluminium alloy.
Replaced with ones from Hills which looked a lot stronger.

Hi Ian, the gear on the damper top is ok. Had another look today and it’s the black plastic frame inside, the bit that holds the centre brown plastic gear that’s broken. I know there’s a place in the states that re-ferb them with aluminium intervals and this is one option. I can only get to 3 of the actuators to check them whilst the cars in the garage and I’d like to know there’s not a problem with the fourth before sending anything off.

I’d like to have a go at repairing it myself but just need to build confidence first!
Regards, doggydog.

Hi Ian, the gear on the damper top is ok. Had another look today and it’s the black plastic frame inside, the bit that holds the centre brown plastic gear that’s broken. I know there’s a place in the states that re-ferb them with aluminium intervals and this is one option. I can only get to 3 of the actuators to check them whilst the cars in the garage and I’d like to know there’s not a problem with the fourth before sending anything off.

I’d like to have a go at repairing it myself but just need to build confidence first!
Regards, doggydog.

I see your problem now. Looks like I’ve been relatively lucky so far but I’m sure if you do manage a diy repair, lots of us would be interested. Good luck with it all.

Hi Irarref,
:grin: yes, thank you. That’s what make me think I can have a go at a diy repair. I just wanted a back up plan because once mines apart I won’t be able to send it over to the U.S. for a refurb.

Regards, Martin.