What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

A revised approach to discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sletti

In order to maintain a climate of goodwill on the forum, we are having to rewrite, then reassert the rules.

The "1 day - 1 week - 1 month", schedule of bans was not working as it prevented us from handing out two or three small bans in succession. Sometimes, even if it is a third ban, one month seemed a little Draconian as not all offences are created equal.

Instead, the mods will entirely use their discretion for small bans, and only escalating to the committee should a more extensive ban be justified.

There is also occasional, but still too frequent petty bickering on this site. This cannot happen without two of more sides, so from now on, we do not care who started it; should you want to get involved in a petty argument, all sides will spend time in the cooler. The Club Scuderia management team will be the arbitrator in all such disputes.

There is also a new rule concerning bullying and harassment, i.e. do not do it. If it is clear that one or more users are clearly picking on another, then, again, expect to take a short holiday from here.

Whilst we recognise that it is within the parameters of normal human behaviour to instigate and endure conflict, please be aware that we wish to make this a better place, and if you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem.

So read the rules, and understand them. If you are unclear as to the meaning of any of the rules, then please feel free to PM a member of the moderating team for clarification.

As a suggestion, if you have been irritated (either on or off the forum), and you are posting in an antagonistic frame of mind, just ask yourself if anyone benefits from what your post contains. Are you scowling when you type? Are you intoxicated when you type? Are you angry when you type? Are you being selfish in what you type?

If you can please consider these points BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply", then you are contributing to making Club Scuderia a better place.

And if you are unable to think before you post, then prepare to enjoy the clanking sounds of the jailers key.

Thanks for you co-operation.

The CS Committee and Moderators.

Quite happy to discuss this approach, or hear any comments, but I beg you to keep it free from hijacking; god knows there is enough of it going on elsewhere on this forum.

Ta muchly.:thumbsup:

If the policy tweaks help Stigmeister, then I'm all for it as there seem to be some very upset people (whether justifiably or not) out there at the moment.

I also think that a draconian approach sometimes is entirely justified.

There seem to be far fewer posts over the last few weeks, I hope that this is not a continuing trend.

Had to remove some more hijacks.

Roger and Sy's comments are both welcome and approriate.:thumbsup:

Any other attempts to hijack will result in a 24 hr ban. End of.....:mad:

Good for you Stig.

This place ought to be moderated a little more strictly IMO. Some people take the pizz with the rules on the basis we know each other personally, I have probably been guilty of this myself in the past .But alot of the time, new users will look at this site and think WTF are these guys on. It aint helping CS one bit. Its time to get tough IMO Stiggy.

Good for you Stig.

This place ought to be moderated a little more strictly IMO. Some people take the pizz with the rules on the basis we know each other personally, I have probably been guilty of this myself in the past .But alot of the time, new users will look at this site and think WTF are these guys on. It aint helping CS one bit. Its time to get tough IMO Stiggy.

Agree entirely - I have met a couple of people at recent meets who have specifically said they feel uncomfortable posting for this reason. It's a real shame.

Funny how two people I had in mind when I posted the above, but did not name, felt the need to hijack yet again. Just proves my point.

There are people on this forum whose sole aim is to put up posts just to wind people up or to cause aggravation. I won't name names, but we all know who they are.

Personally, I think the tech/ferrari sections should be enforced more stringently. It's usually the first place new users visit and should set a good example. If anyone wants to muck about, they can do it in the Club/bad boy sections.

Funny how two people I had in mind when I posted the above, but did not name, felt the need to hijack yet again. Just proves my point.

There are people on this forum whose sole aim is to put up posts just to wind people up or to cause aggravation. I won't name names, but we all know who they are.

Personally, I think the tech/ferrari sections should be enforced more stringently. It's usually the first place new users visit and should set a good example. If anyone wants to muck about, they can do it in the Club/bad boy sections.

yes i agree sy everybody is guilty of this even you

seems odd to me that the last four posts on here are all from club187 members again i would call this tactical posting or bulling by a certain group of members

just my genuine point of view, I am a massive Ferrari enthusiast and enjoy being a member of this community.

regardless of who is member of what some of us want to enjoy using this place to talk Ferrari.

just my genuine point of view, I am a massive Ferrari enthusiast and enjoy being a member of this community.

regardless of who is member of what some of us want to enjoy using this place to talk Ferrari.

The problem is Mark that one of the posters in this thread is certainly no angel on this forum and another one is well known as the wind up king. As such it seems a little sanctimonious for those two to be preaching about forum discipline.

I have no axe to grind with either of them and like both of them, just an observation.

seems odd to me that the last four posts on here are all from club187 members again i would call this tactical posting or bulling by a certain group of members

Yaaaaaaaawn - Will you please take your mission somewhere else & stop trying to :petrol: .

187 exists and what they do in there is their business. If they want to discuss CS or CS users there's nothing anyone can do about it - its not a crime and both of these are just internet forums.

You won't change that & so for the sake of harmony on CS will you pleeeeeeease give it a rest.??

Last edited:

Not everybody I am afraid.

As Mark says, some of us do actually want the best for CS and enjoy being a part of it.

Yaaaaaaaawn - Will you please take your mission somewhere else & stop trying to :petrol: .

187 exists and what they do in there is their business. If they want to discuss CS or CS users there's nothing anyone can do about it - its not a crime and both of these are just internet forums.

You won'ty change that & so for the sake of harmony on CS will you pleeeeeeease give it a rest.

sorry not trying to flame the situation but meerly trying to sort it out as there is a lot of people not posting anymore

Getting a bit hijacky now, so please keep converstion type posts to a minimum.

Thanks.

BTW SteveF, one more mention of 187 on this thread, you will be taking a short break.

Getting a bit hijacky now, so please keep converstion type posts to a minimum.

Thanks.

BTW SteveF, one more mention of 187 on this thread, you will be taking a short break.

tell you what delete my account 187 187 187 187 187 187:wink3: :wink3:

THINK I WILL BE BETTER OF WITH JOE STEW AND ALL THE OTHERS ONE DAY STIGG YOU WILL REALISE WHAT IS GOING ON ON HERE YOU MOAN ABOUT IT BUT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT SO BYE BYE : :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

In order to maintain a climate of goodwill on the forum, we are having to rewrite, then reassert the rules.

The "1 day - 1 week - 1 month", schedule of bans was not working as it prevented us from handing out two or three small bans in succession. Sometimes, even if it is a third ban, one month seemed a little Draconian as not all offences are created equal.

Instead, the mods will entirely use their discretion for small bans, and only escalating to the committee should a more extensive ban be justified.

There is also occasional, but still too frequent petty bickering on this site. This cannot happen without two of more sides, so from now on, we do not care who started it; should you want to get involved in a petty argument, all sides will spend time in the cooler. The Club Scuderia management team will be the arbitrator in all such disputes.

There is also a new rule concerning bullying and harassment, i.e. do not do it. If it is clear that one or more users are clearly picking on another, then, again, expect to take a short holiday from here.

Whilst we recognise that it is within the parameters of normal human behaviour to instigate and endure conflict, please be aware that we wish to make this a better place, and if you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem.

So read the rules, and understand them. If you are unclear as to the meaning of any of the rules, then please feel free to PM a member of the moderating team for clarification.

As a suggestion, if you have been irritated (either on or off the forum), and you are posting in an antagonistic frame of mind, just ask yourself if anyone benefits from what your post contains. Are you scowling when you type? Are you intoxicated when you type? Are you angry when you type? Are you being selfish in what you type?

If you can please consider these points BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply", then you are contributing to making Club Scuderia a better place.

And if you are unable to think before you post, then prepare to enjoy the clanking sounds of the jailers key.

Thanks for you co-operation.

The CS Committee and Moderators.

Please could you state exactly when these new rules apply from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.