What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children's Fund Track Day at Goodwood

Dear All,

The take up has been great so far but we are still looking for some true Super/Hyper cars, to adorn Paddock 2 on the day.

Will anybody be at the Peter Saywell day at Goodwood on Saturday or Goodwood on Sunday for the Breakfast Club? Maybe we could arrange to meet up and discuss options? I can stretch to a coffee as a sweetener!! :grin:

Thanks for all of the support so far

Simon

Track days are now discounted for early birds, £230 for a full day and £135 for a half day until the end of April.
Now that's what I call cheap!!

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon

Looks like I'm now changing my car for a 599 which unfortunately will struggle with the noise limit but in any event will be there for static display. In the meantime I'll get the 355 and Caterham noise tested :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark! Sounds great!

Another stupid question; would you be doing static (599) and track rides (575 or Caterham) or 'either or'?

Thanks again

Simon

Thanks Mark! Sounds great!

Another stupid question; would you be doing static (599) and track rides (575 or Caterham) or 'either or'?

Thanks again

Simon

The 575 will be sold by then. If I can get somebody to bring a second car down I could possibly do both, biggest concern is the noise level though, will report back

Mark I have a noise meter will bring it along to your car for testing when you get her, would be interested to know levels of my 599 with the Capristo . Do you know angles and distance for static test?

Mark I have a noise meter will bring it along to your car for testing when you get her, would be interested to know levels of my 599 with the Capristo . Do you know angles and distance for static test?

THanks Graham

yes normally 45 degrees, 1m and 3/4 revs, IIRC my last 599 was about 112db :shocked: wit the Capristo it's probably noisier than Concorde :laugh:

Yes Graham and you fail big time wherever you put the snout of the tester:laugh::laugh:

Yep :thumbsup::tongue3:

If anybody would like to discuss bringing their P&J as a static display car or have any other questions that you may have answered in person, I will be at the RNRNMCF stand in Paddock 2 at Supercar Sunday at Goodwood next Sunday from approx 'very early' until the end of proceedings.

Hope to see you there

Simon

I will be emailing details of what to do on the day for all volunteer drivers this week (track rides only) so if you haven't received anything from me by Sunday please PM me.

Baz and/or i will also be in touch with Static display and Dream Ride cars.

Thanks again for your support

Simon

Last edited:
Simon this should be fun I have a new MP4 12c Looks much the same as the last one though!!

What is the car line up for Goodwood like and are there any other McLarens going to be on track.

Hi Bruce,

Unforunately no other McLarens but I do have a Ferrari 250 Lusso, 2 x Noble M12s and maybe a third/Porsche turbo. Two race tuned Imprezas, with 800bhp and 340, driven by very competent race drivers. Becky Bethcox in her race car, another BMW race car. A dax Rush, Spire GTR a couple of Ultimas including a spider, a TVR Sagaris and an Ariel Atom.

we also have various car clubs coming who will be situated in the Control Tower car park, GTR club, South east Scoobies, VW Campers, Ford Focus STs.

As Static display we have quite a few Ferraris with a couple of 458s, some classics including a DB6 but no Lambos as yet. (Hint, hint)

So overall a fairly impressive line up! :grin:

A week and a half to go hoping that the weather holds.

Very much lookig forward to seeing you on the day and thanks again for your support.

Two days to go and can't wait. This is promising to be some event.

Please come along and support us we will be very glad to have you.

For those that have helped put the word out we are running at £3.5k profit prior to the day so I thank all of you who have helped or contributed and look forward to meeting you on that day.

One last thing - DOES ANYBODY HAVE A 458 OR KNOW SOMEBODY THAT DOES, Please?

Kind regards
Simon

Last edited:
Oh crap look at the weather. Leaving in an hour and its pi$$ing down. Have to clean car before event now.:thumbsdow

Staying with a m8 locally so hope he has a hose

Oh crap look at the weather. Leaving in an hour and its pi$$ing down. Have to clean car before event now.:thumbsdow

Staying with a m8 locally so hope he has a hose

He's got a bucket of gravelly water :laugh:

See you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Dear All,

I cannot thank those of you enough for your support today and I do apologise for not getting around to meeting everybody but my day was a little hectic to say the least!!
Many thanks to Bruce as my star of the day - everybody wanted to go out in the McLaren - shock horror.
Thanks to Mark for displaying his 599 and his phots on PH. :)

Early indications are that we should have made circa £4.5 from Track Rides and Dream Rides, that's what I call a result.
I'm happy knackered now and off to the pub.
Bruce I owe you a beer or three, thanks again.
Roll on next year.

Hopefully I'll get to meet those of you that I didn't throughout the year and thoroughly look forward to it.

Thanks again and thanks to CS for hosting the page and their generous donation. I will post up final £££ tally as soon as we know it.

Cheers

Simon

Dear All,

I cannot thank those of you enough for your support today and I do apologise for not getting around to meeting everybody but my day was a little hectic to say the least!!
Many thanks to Bruce as my star of the day - everybody wanted to go out in the McLaren - shock horror.
Thanks to Mark for displaying his 599 and his phots on PH. :)

Early indications are that we should have made circa £4.5 from Track Rides and Dream Rides, that's what I call a result.
I'm happy knackered now and off to the pub.
Bruce I owe you a beer or three, thanks again.
Roll on next year.

Hopefully I'll get to meet those of you that I didn't throughout the year and thoroughly look forward to it.

Thanks again and thanks to CS for hosting the page and their generous donation. I will post up final £££ tally as soon as we know it.

Cheers

Simon

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done to all involved.

It was a great day, no hope for some of us getting on track 11ob for Richard, when Bruce's 12C suffered a failed tyre valve after lunch I had the 599 noise tested to see if I could stand in while the AA sorted out Bruce, they wanted me to rev to 6.2k for the noise test, limit was 98db, at 5k revs the 599 hit 114db :shocked::shocked::grin: