What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

458 Italia - Take Two.

So my car is currently on stands in my garage having a few additions fitted :grin:

IMG_0906.jpg

New Titanium Exhaust and High flow Cats. Not forgetting the Forza valve remote control.

IMG_0907.jpg

Have you fitted the 200 cell cats yet? i was interested in this modification but was concerned it may throw up a CEL if not mapped out.

Ha! I have but not got it back on the road yet. What with all this lock down I have taken it easy. Hopefully finish it this weekend actually.

Weren't too bad to fit. O/S is the hardest as the cooling bottle is in the way so you need to remove the heat shield and move the bottle to one side but no real problems.
Took out more than I probably needed to as I removed the airbox completely but that did make it easier to get the exhaust off and on. All seems to have fitted on well.

One thing I have done is painted the oil coolers as they get all scummy. Tried to clean them first but didn't really make a difference so gave them a couple of coats of satin black. Looks much better.

un-Painted-rad.jpg

After

Painted-rad.jpg

So I can confirm the 200 Cell cats do not through a Cell error. And boy does the system sound good.

Need to get the sound meter out and measure how loud it is because it certainly noisier than the stock exhaust.

There definitely appears to be more power or more at the lower rev range. Much more responsive lower down doesn't seem to need to chase the upper range to get the power.

Not something I have experienced before. Getting a parking space easily in Bibury:laugh:

The Gentleman in the background on the first pic had a long chat with me about the car. He didn't know much about Ferraris but seemed very interested in finding out.
If it wasn't for Covid I would have let his son have a sit in it.:grin:

458 in Bibury.jpg

458 in Bibury bridge.jpg

Not something I have experienced before. Getting a parking space easily in Bibury:laugh:

The Gentleman in the background on the first pic had a long chat with me about the car. He didn't know much about Ferraris but seemed very interested in finding out.
If it wasn't for Covid I would have let his son have a sit in it.:grin:

View attachment 156281

View attachment 156282

Car’s looking great Andy [emoji106]

Is that damn yellow car still parked in Bibury? [emoji23]

Car’s looking great Andy [emoji106]

Is that damn yellow car still parked in Bibury? [emoji23]

Cheers Mike,
It is also sounding great. New exhaust and cats sound quite aggressive. Have the Forza valve control fitted but when I left Bibury I forgot to press the fob to open them and didn’t really notice until I got home and went to turn them back to normal mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Mike,
It is also sounding great. New exhaust and cats sound quite aggressive. Have the Forza valve control fitted but when I left Bibury I forgot to press the fob to open them and didn’t really notice until I got home and went to turn them back to normal mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Andy - didn't we get lost not far from there a few years ago?:laugh::laugh:

Must sound great too, though I must say the titanium exhaust tips really should be on a titanio car:tongue3::thumbsup: (around £1k after market geniuine part!)

Looking good Andy - didn't we get lost not far from there a few years ago?:laugh::laugh:

Must sound great too, though I must say the titanium exhaust tips really should be on a titanio car:tongue3::thumbsup: (around £1k after market geniuine part!)

Somewhere nearby, yes we did. I recall someone took us off route and then disappeared.:wink3:

A very impromptu decision to get away for the night over this bank holiday saw us head west across the Severn in the 458. Managed to get a room in quite a reasonable place in the Brecon Beacons (Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel and Spa).
I had quickly looked over the previous years CS Welsh weekender trips to get an idea of roads to tackle although it wasn't all just about me.

While I drove a couple of the roads we had done I certainly went wrong in a place or two and veered from the planned route. Roads were busy on the main routes, A470 up Brecon was pretty much nose to tail all the way on the 4 times I drove it. However, the B4520 Brecon to Builth Wells was very quiet and fun.
458-Wales.jpg
458-Wales1.jpg

Another familiar point from previous Welsh Weekenders.

458-Wales2.jpg

One of the unexpected detours was through Devils Staircase. Not really a Ferrari driving road but great scenery. Mike, have you/we done this before?
458-Wales3.jpg

And to add to the whole experience I got pulled over by the Welsh Constabulary for not displaying a Front number plate. It was a speed trap through a Village but I was in a queue of traffic so nothing for him to nab until he saw me and immediately jumped out signalling for me to pull in. I knew instantly why he had.
Told me why and put me under caution Blah blah.. so I got out and he gave me the info on what law i was breaking and so on. I just said okay, I do have a plate in the boot but the bracket broke.:wink3: "Unfortunately you are not displaying it though Sir and I need to take a picture as evidence" "Okay, i fully understand" and I say no more. hand over my licence and wait for him to complete his paper work. Then a few minutes later he turns to me and says, "You have been very good with me and its a lovely sunny day, shall we just call this a road side driver caution?" "Urr, okay. That's really good of you officer". "Good you won't be hearing anything else from us then, have a nice day." :shocked: Get in the car and drive off. Guess I caught him in a good mood:thumbsup:

All in all a good couple of days and finally managed to give the car a good run.