What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

F1 2018 season

I hope we see some overtaking this year and real close racing, but I’m not hopeful. These cars look even more aero dependant than last year; looking at the front wings for example and spoilers on top of the halo!

If that happens and the loss of the pit girls....

Still, something to keep me from doing jobs on a Sunday!

The Ferrari even has some aero on the mirrors !! If you ever get the chance to have a close look at an F1 car the aero detail is incredible, and you can see where the money is spent endless hours on simulators and in full sized wind tunnels. I know some aerodynamics engineers who under the influence of 10 pints of truth fluid will confess that there are still some aspects of aerodynamics that are still a mystery to even the brightest and best

I hope we see some overtaking this year and real close racing, but I’m not hopeful. These cars look even more aero dependant than last year; looking at the front wings for example and spoilers on top of the halo!

If that happens and the loss of the pit girls....

Still, something to keep me from doing jobs on a Sunday!

OH,yes and the loss of the pit girls :cry3::cry3::cry3::grin:BfKwbdHIIAAypnb.jpg

Putting PC to one side.....no one will be more disappointed that the pit girls. Who was speaking for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one. Quite a few took to twitter to vent their anger at losing their job/money/fun weekend because some people feel uncomfortable with the idea of anyone appreciating beauty. Why should they get the job just because they are pretty? Why should Seb drive for Ferrari just because he possesses that talent?

They were removed for several reasons and many who claim to be ‘feminists’ were amonst those pushing for it. One girl wrote words to the effect of “So I just lost a job I love doing. Thanks so much for ‘empowering’ me!!!!”

Only girls who wanted to do it were pit girls. Blindingly stupid idea to get rid of them.

No one. Quite a few took to twitter to vent their anger at losing their job/money/fun weekend because some people feel uncomfortable with the idea of anyone appreciating beauty. Why should they get the job just because they are pretty? Why should Seb drive for Ferrari just because he possesses that talent?

They were removed for several reasons and many who claim to be ‘feminists’ were amonst those pushing for it. One girl wrote words to the effect of “So I just lost a job I love doing. Thanks so much for ‘empowering’ me!!!!”

Only girls who wanted to do it were pit girls. Blindingly stupid idea to get rid of them.

Well said :thumbsup:

I recall Jenson Button being interviewed and getting some flack from some feminist about his string of supermodel girlfriends ....... his reply was " so I have to have an ugly girlfriend then ?"

Fact men are biologically attracted to certain physical female characteristics. Fact women know this and dress to accentuate these characteristics and "show them off".

In my opinion placing Grid girls or attractive Promo Girls you see at trade shows etc in the same category as those abused in Hollywood etc, and the subsequent imposition of a feminist "ban" on grid girls is just plain stupid, and is actually harming feminist cause as its restricting their own choice.

What next ? An employment tribunal stating someone has lost out on a job or a promotion to a more attractive person, who was solely employed for their looks ?

I recall Jenson Button being interviewed and getting some flack from some feminist about his string of supermodel girlfriends ....... his reply was " so I have to have an ugly girlfriend then ?"

Fact men are biologically attracted to certain physical female characteristics. Fact women know this and dress to accentuate these characteristics and "show them off".

In my opinion placing Grid girls or attractive Promo Girls you see at trade shows etc in the same category as those abused in Hollywood etc, and the subsequent imposition of a feminist "ban" on grid girls is just plain stupid, and is actually harming feminist cause as its restricting their own choice.

What next ? An employment tribunal stating someone has lost out on a job or a promotion to a more attractive person, who was solely employed for their looks ?

If the nut jobs keep winning then shagging will soon be banned:shocked:

Less overtaking I am sure and more aero developments during the year

IMO they look far to complicated and not particularly nice to look at :thumbsdow

Female racing driver sticking up for the grid girls :thumbsup: https://youtu.be/FH1JnG_Wisg

Female racing driver sticking up for the grid girls :thumbsup: https://youtu.be/FH1JnG_Wisg

The more I read or hear about this the more I feel the loss of Grid Girls and Walk On girls in darts is down to a mixture of jealousy and women who think they are feminists taking something away from other women rather than dealing with their own personal insecurities. I think it’s bordering on pathetic if I’m honest.

The more I read or hear about this the more I feel the loss of Grid Girls and Walk On girls in darts is down to a mixture of jealousy and women who think they are feminists taking something away from other women rather than dealing with their own personal insecurities. I think it’s bordering on pathetic if I’m honest.

Agree my mother was active in feminine politics - so called second wave feminism. This third wave is just man hating and pretty woman hating. No bloke ever said anything about women being “beach bod ready” or that “women can’t do....”. I have never ever seen any evidence of a pay gap except in the public sector where just appearing gets you a rise each year. Ergo you take a break when you have kids and it impacts your pay.
My mother thinks the third wave are bat-****-crazy but then she is educated too.
She sent me this link as an illustration as to how mad things have got.
It’s a great laugh https://youtu.be/aMcjxSThD54

Ok; that race was BORING.

Pit girls aside; they really really need to sort out the over reliance and sensitivity on aerodynamics, just ruining the racing.

Same old bollocks. I watched it even though the World Super Bike commentator had earlier let the winner slip out. Knob. Waste of two hours. :hmmm:

Agreed,so boring the whole Mercedes team were caught napping :laugh:

+1
Mercedes team made an unusual error with the virtual safety car that cost them the win.
Very boring race really, couple of overtakes and that was it, shame for the HAS team as I was impressed with the cars holding the Red bull's back.
With a few more pit stock practices they will bounce back, for what time they were on the track I was impressed up until the pit stop, early days 1st race.