What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari F430 YUM YUM

looks really mean with the carbon bits, especially the rear diffuser..i didn't you could get them in carbon... do most of the f430 carbon brakes have problems??

looks really mean with the carbon bits, especially the rear diffuser..i didn't you could get them in carbon... do most of the f430 carbon brakes have problems??

Has anyone tried Esta International? They seem to sell the challenge grille in full carbon. Pictures show the Ferrari logo as well unlike other cheap knockoffs. I've emailed them to confirm the logo will be on e production pieces and not just the prototype. I'm tempted to swap out the rear end to a challenge style one. Then I'll pick up one of the badges.

Looks lovely that does.......more or less exactly how i wanted mine to look.....i got that bumper and a set of Scud wheels in gold all ready to go on, but the misses has now decided were moving so wont be buying one till next year now :cry3:

Looks lovely that does.......more or less exactly how i wanted mine to look.....i got that bumper and a set of Scud wheels in gold all ready to go on, but the misses has now decided were moving so wont be buying one till next year now :cry3:

So you intend to keep the bumper and grille or sell them? Let me know if you are thinking of letting them go.

Hi jim
Your in box is full ... can't send message re badge :hmmm::hmmm:

Attachments

• 430 b2.jpg
    430 b2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 737
Hi Jason,
Just an update on the 430 badge.....a friend noticed the letters of my badge on the rear were lifting.....

On inspection I can relate this to you.............
The heat shield is still in place but the ambient temperature around the entire engine compartment is just too hot for the badge’s stickers.

It has not come off but the stickers are being twisted and are now starting to curl off the badge which is such a pity.

The amazing thing is that the white Italian colour seems to be made out of a different material, feels different in texture and shows no apparent signs of deterioration.
It still appears to sit flat.

I’ve taken a close up of it to show you what is happening.

Fortunately I still have the spare (a just in case) you were so kind to send me over and I will apply that.
Do you want the other one back for research?

Regards,
Rob
Oz.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/729/dscn2128q.jpg
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4017/dscn2129p.jpg

I'd guess if a couple layers of hard lacquer or clear coats were sprayed over the badge when the stickers are applied, it'd hold much betteer. Hard lacquer would probably be a better solution as it really locks down the surface.