What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Giles’ 488 Scrapbook

So this is as well as the 360 ? :thumbsup:

Yep, this one is saved for best! 🤣

Just as an aside the interior photo shows a 488 GTB logo’d floor mat, this was from Mark at More Than Polish. Much better than the Ferrari originals which I’ve taken out to be kept as new.
I’m also using the red silky Ferrari seat covers because the creama leather can get dirty easily.
Other than the carpet mats the only other thing done was the Xpel Paint Protection Film added before I had it delivered, so hopefully I won’t get any stop chips.

I’ve just taken it for its first service, along with the standard service it also had the 2 recalls of the passenger airbag replacement and fuel vapour control unit (charcoal canister) replaced.

Now just looking forward to a dry summer! 🚗💨
Cheers, Giles

On a recent trip to deliver some meds and food to my aged parents I stopped off at a deserted spot for some photos.....

dddbb7e8d70472de98d62e546ee4cbfe.jpg

c2e2d94bea6916a5fc9e859817d4f007.jpg

381a3345d112543d200a6f5abf526e5d.jpg

3ce1bc1d789d78a7252c0ff540c74100.jpg

0c655bce65ef65fc6ec119204bf9cb0f.jpg

Such an amazing drive [emoji106]
Cheers, Giles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,
Time to revive this thread, although I sold my 488 in summer 2020, I have recently been looking for either a 458 or 488. My old 488 was offered back to me at the apparent dealer trade in price but that was (according to the seller) more money than I sold it for in 2020. That was a non starter as I really don’t think the dealer is offering anywhere near the suggested price. So I’ve found a Rosso Fuoco 488 and it’s lovely. A few jobs are required straight away, and I’ll get on to that when I get it. I might be counting my chickens prematurely but the guy I’m dealing with is a top chap so I can’t see anything going pear-shaped….. famous last words!
One job I would like to start with is getting the wheels back to factory condition. The build sheet requests Painted Forged Rim Matte Grigio Corsa (RIFS code), but they have been painted Satin Black, nice but not correct, so can anyone help me with a code for the paint finish or has anyone had their Matte Grigio Corsa wheel’s refurbished to a spot on OEM matching finish/colour?
I’ve also placed an order for the standard springs as the car will come with H&R lowering springs, which again look good, but are not OEM correct. I’ve popped an ad on here for the lowering springs if anyone wants them. I’ll get the same guy who recently swapped over my 360 springs to do the work, Robin at Damax Engineering, as it will need a geo set up once switched over.
Also I am going to need a brave pill because I need to remove the carbon wrap on the mirrors, it looks ok but not OEM factory spec so it needs to be removed. Does anyone have any top tips for doing this? Hairdryer warm up first? Worryingly, what will I find underneath? Hopefully lovely Rosso Fuoco red paint…. we will see :fingerscrossed:
IMG_1554.jpeg

IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1556.jpeg

Looks stunning, Giles (y)
Yes, because someone else specified it when new, it’s got loads of options, unlike my quite simple spec’d original 488.
Can’t wait to get it, that triple layer Fuoco looks mesmerisingly beautiful 🤩
And on the inside it’s leather and alcantara carbon seats and an alcantara with rosso stitch headliner 😍
Cheers, Giles

Yes, because someone else specified it when new, it’s got loads of options, unlike my quite simple spec’d original 488.
Can’t wait to get it, that triple layer Fuoco looks mesmerisingly beautiful 🤩
And on the inside it’s leather and alcantara carbon seats and an alcantara with rosso stitch headliner 😍
Cheers, Giles
tart 🤣

Agreed 👍 , well after all it is an Atelier car, very fancy! 🤣
It does make me wonder if Atelier is a good thing or not, it is essentially someone going wild with options which may be a very personal taste thing, but probably still quite a nice thing to see on the spec sheet.
Looking forward to getting it and posting some more detailed photos.
Cheers, Giles

She looks a beaut Giles and that colour really is gorgeous. Changing the rims back sounds a good idea (although I’d go silver but appreciate your desire to return to as-specced).

Thanks, yes silver rims do look lovely and bright, giving the car more sparkle.
That said, with the Rosso Fuoco darker red than Corsa I think the slightly darker rims will compliment the body colour but not lose the shape of the rims like the satin black does.
Talking of rims, the forged option rim is supposed to be lighter than the standard 5 spoke cast wheel, as per my original 488. Does anyone know the weight difference between the two styles of rim?
Cheers, Giles

Hi Folks,
Up early this morning and had arrived at Dick Lovatt by 08:40 to pick up the 488 which was in to have the NIT steering wheel ECU replaced. Sounds minor but it was a £6k job, glad I wasn’t paying that bill!
The NIT unit controls steering wheel functions inc the manetino (spelling?), indicators and on my car the passenger display goes through it. When it fails you lose the indicators and the vehicle is fixed in Wet mode on the manetino.

Driving home through the Cotswolds was a dicey affair with the debris of storm Babet everywhere and plenty of mucky water about. The 488 looked an absolute state when I got home!
First job done, removal of the fire extinguisher. I’m glad I have removed it because it’s useless and takes away a significant amount of foot room. Useless because it took me a good while 10 mins or so to release the extinguisher from the securing bracket. The leather coverings on the ‘quick’ release straps make them very tight and the leather sticks to the little leather blanket they put the extinguisher in, so if I had ever needed it in anger by the time I had got it out the car would be toast!
Also I hadn’t appreciated the foot mats are shaped around the extinguisher, good job I have a pair of brand new mats already bought from ‘More Than Polish’ that I had never used. However, although these mats are superb quality, one of the female snap on fixing points has come off somehow while storing them. (Mark W is on here, maybe I’ll find out if he can post me a fixing point out?! 🤩)
I have also been around the interior with the leather cleaner followed by the Gliptone Leather Conditioner which smells wonderful!

Removed extinguisher:
IMG_1686.jpeg

Old NIT unit:
IMG_1694.jpeg

Next job will to wash it tomorrow morning!
With the Modesta BC-04 ceramic coating I guess washing becomes easier?
Hopefully get a few snaps once clean.
Cheers, Giles

Giles, well done on the 488GTB. I had one from DL as well. Changed to a 812SF over the summer. I am in Oxon. There are YouTube videos on PPF removal. I have seen hot water used.

Hi Folks,
A productive morning has left my 488 clean!
Beading nicely:
IMG_1723.jpeg

Shiny clean 🤩
IMG_1741.jpeg

One of a kind engine bay:
IMG_1744.jpeg

Fire extinguisher removed and non fire extinguisher mat added (a quality More Than Polish product), also a one off carbon fibre tread plate, without the word ‘Ferrari’ but instead ‘Atelier’.
IMG_1742.jpeg

Ferrari Owners Club West Mids Meal:
d36c60e5-afe8-44bc-bc91-77280d9ac16c.jpeg

96f08175-1442-4741-92f0-4975893eca0e.jpeg

I want to remove the wrap on the mirrors, not sure I am brave enough, the wrap could offer protection against country lane tree strikes! Ummm not sure (well, I’m sure I don’t like it 🤣) , I will see….
IMG_1725.jpeg

Pics for pics sake:
d9d68b74-5a75-45d3-8ced-20df06adb2db.jpeg

ea419d43-e6b2-46cf-81b9-05373b51bd24.jpeg

7b79439e-a9d7-4481-9bb7-219181b76576.jpeg

While cleaning the car this morning I cleaned and conditioned the rest of the leather I couldn’t get to yesterday. The conditioner is fantastic stuff. Fills the car with a glorious leather-esq aroma, the product is Gliptone Leather Conditioner, highly recommended.

Booked in to get the springs replaced with the original springs 6th November at Damax Engineering in Brackley, can’t wait!

Cheers, Giles

Last edited: