What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Goodbye F430, bought a P.....

It's going to be a long winter...

I am envious Mike. I think the 458 is probably fast becoming my favourite Ferrari. Can't wait to see it next year. That is as the other Mike says, if we can keep up with you :thumbsup:

Found time to get some deep cleaning jobs done on the car over xmas. Also fitted new stone chip film to one of the rear arches, see here: http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?59143-Wheel-Arch-Stone-chip-film&p=825033#post825033

1st up I wanted to get the wheels off to give them a good clean and apply a sealant to them, it also provides a good opportunity to have a good look at the suspension components and give everything a good clean in there.

My 1st car with carbon discs and REALLY don't want to catch them taking the wheels on and off so invested in some wheel hangers:

IMG_2672.jpg

I use this stuff on the wheels after cleaning, gives a fantastic deep shine and smells great too!

IMG_2684.jpg

Some photos of the suspension set up on the 458 - very different to the 360/430 arrangment:

FRONT:

IMG_2679.jpg

REAR:

IMG_2686.jpg IMG_2687.jpg

My car has the 'sports exhaust' option, in reality it means the three exhaust tips are black instead of chrome, they were quite dirty and I wanted to clean them up. After doing some research on the web I bought this stuff and the result is pretty good:

IMG_2662.jpg

BEFORE CLEANING

IMG_2656.jpg

AFTER

IMG_2666.jpg

I still haven't had the car out of the garage as the weather has been dire since I've had it :cry3: Hopefully will catch a sunny day one weekend to get some nice shots done of the car.

Last edited:
The sun made a rare appearance today so wanted to get some shots done with an SLR. No driving, our roads are covered in grit.

Got the car out....and the camera battery was flat:laugh:

Did a few with another camera anyway. It's like being 17 again and dying to pass your test waiting to get out in it:

IMG_2728.jpg IMG_2725.jpg IMG_2726.jpg IMG_2741.jpg IMG_2746.jpg IMG_2745.jpg
IMG_2751.jpg View attachment 151613 IMG_2759.jpg

Well the car was collected this week by Lovetts for maintenance and warranty extension checks.

Managed to give it a good clean last weekend before it left. Is it just me, or do others hate not having the car at home and in my own care:cry:

IMG_2849.jpg

Yup, didn’t like it when mine was away being fettled. Weather was rubbish so wouldn’t have taken her out, but even still...

Love the colour by the way.

Absolutely. My car’s away for her engine out for a few weeks. Garage just looks wrong empty.

A break in the weather yesterday so decided to collect the car from Lovetts myself instead of having it transported back, mainly so I could have a good look around there:)

Must say that Dave & Charles at Lovetts have been excellent to deal with and made me feel very welcome yesterday. Dave spent a good 40 minutes giving me a full tour of the facility including workshop. So much better than my previous experience with another Main Dealer that shall remain nameless here...

Missed the best photo op when they parked an F50 next to mine which had just had fitted a new exhaust system. Now that is one F-car I would have in red!

IMG_2867.jpg

Also I found this book there which I hadn't seen before - now have a copy on the way (via Hortons books)

IMG_2866.jpg

I have always been impressed with Lovetts, price match local indies, never get any nasty surprise bill (local indies gave me nasty extras including half an hours labor to put some fuel in the car - not necessary as it was half full :mad:), all the staff take lots of time and show us around, have a chat with the guy working on my car, my grandsons are given hats/toy cars/etc , and the best thing is its such a nice place to visit, I never have any trouble finding a mate to follow me to the showroom and drive me home :)

Well it’s been a pretty grey week and it’s not just the weather I’m talking about:mad:

What better way to cheer myself up than time with the boy and a visit to my brother in law who’s been dying to see the car (and go for a ride which I duly supplied at 9000rpm:grin:)

B32D4DDE-89A7-4D60-A4CB-73EC6CCE608D.jpg

Last night was the pick of the weather for the bank holiday so out again, getting to know the car well now.

It’s got some black magic going on in the handling department, zero roll or understeer. If a corner starts tightening up you just turn the wheel a bit more and round she goes with no drama. Really does feel like a go cart - a very fast go cart!

Some should recognise this spot from last years WW:thumbsup:

AB630ED4-E618-4F0A-9E1F-D5E3758E564E.jpg

A quick wash tonight. I Can’t get the hang of putting it into car wash mode - can get it to come up on the display but then goes back into park. Any tips?

BEAB046A-0D13-47F8-A4EF-D358DBA5B76C.jpg