What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Le Mans 2016

I felt really sorry for Andy Davidson, some idiot in the pit crew told the japanese driver to ease of for the last laps and the car didn't like that so it stopped altogether, talk about jinxing your own car:mad:

Why just sorry for Davidson and not the rest of the whole Toyota team (and management) who have been trying to win for years. And it was not 'some idiot' - a ridiculous thing to say - every one in the team is doing their job to give the team the best chance of winning. Do you call Davidson an idiot when he misses an apex?
If someone did suggest holding back then there was a good reason and it may have succeeded - who knows

Still a shame and they will be keener than ever next year

Why just sorry for Davidson and not the rest of the whole Toyota team (and management) who have been trying to win for years. And it was not 'some idiot' - a ridiculous thing to say - every one in the team is doing their job to give the team the best chance of winning. Do you call Davidson an idiot when he misses an apex?
If someone did suggest holding back then there was a good reason and it may have succeeded - who knows

I felt sorry for Davidson because he's a Brit (shock horro) and has come close to winning before, I don't know about the rest of the team. The race commentator said the same thing, if you knew anything about racing cars then you would know that apart from angering the gods ( that's what superstitions do if you go against them) you should not tempt fate in such a way, but there is a technical reason which is to keep the brakes and tyres up to temperature, I doubt that we'll ever know why it broke down, but if my race engineer told me to take it easy then I would tell him (as Hamilton is wont to do) the foxtrot oscar:shocked:

I felt sorry for Davidson because he's a Brit (shock horro) and has come close to winning before, I don't know about the rest of the team. The race commentator said the same thing, if you knew anything about racing cars then you would know that apart from angering the gods ( that's what superstitions do if you go against them) you should not tempt fate in such a way, but there is a technical reason which is to keep the brakes and tyres up to temperature, I doubt that we'll ever know why it broke down, but if my race engineer told me to take it easy then I would tell him (as Hamilton is wont to do) the foxtrot oscar:shocked:

The 'told to slow down' from the commentator was, I believe, a Red Herring. The fist indication of an issue appears to be Nakajima coming on the radio to say ' he has no power' after the first chicane on the last but one lap. The consensus seems to be that the problem was a broken turbo, but this has not been confirmed.

The consensus seems to be that the problem was a broken turbo, but this has not been confirmed.

Til just now:

“Car No. 5 suffered a technical defect on a connector on the air line between the turbo charger and the intercooler, causing a loss of turbo charger control, a Toyota team spokesperson said"

I was reminded of Mansell at the 1992 Canadian GP breaking down a few hundred yards from the flag but apparently in that case Nige was waving to the crowd and accidentally hit the kill switch.. :shocked:

Good luck with that then, it seems to me that they've just blown (pun intended:laugh:) their best chance of a win and they'll be as successful as their FI team i.e. never won a grand prix:hmmm: