What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

New users post here.....

third attempt at my first post, see if it works

I'm Craig From Yorkshire

Recently bought a 2000 360 F1.

Will be doing a running report on the car as i tidy it up.

Hi All.
I am new to Ferrari but am awaiting delivery of my F8 Tributo.
Looking forward to the Ferrari experience and attending meets etc.
Current stable. Range Rover Sport, Modified Nissan GTR JM1100R and Ariel Atom for track fun
Hope to meet some of you guys and gals next year

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

New 488 GTB owner

Hi, I am a new 488 GTB owner and was wondering if anyone new how many miles you usually get out of the brake pads and disks before needing changed

Hi Craig. Welcome. It is normal to demand of new member pics of their P&J so hope you will post some soon with a bit more info. Is this your first Ferrari? etc etc.

Hope you will enjoy being part of Clubscud and also of course your new car!

I'm trying but it appears impossible to post on this forum

Hi, I am a new 488 GTB owner and was wondering if anyone new how many miles you usually get out of the brake pads and disks before needing changed
Many factors with this with the main two being amount of track work and the Manettino setting. Some cleaning products also speed the oxidation process.

I'm trying but it appears impossible to post on this forum

But you just posted to say it's impossible to post :hmmm: :grin:

Joking aside, I think you're the only one having problems, people posting every day with no issues including pictures (I posted one yesterday with no snags). We've asked our admin to look into the problem with your account and we'll keep trying but I'm pretty sure the issue isn't with the forum or others would be having the same problems.

and a pic

4MN3Qly.jpg

456 storage advice

Hi There

Just about to take delivery of a 2000 - 456M GTA Tour de France Blue with Tan Hide and 10,700 miles on the clock, I will be putting it into storage during the winter and as this is my first proper / classic car, does anyone have any particular advice on the best way to prepare the car for storage, probably looking at 6 months initially, I have already found a company to store it for me.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Mike Finch

Hi There

Just about to take delivery of a 2000 - 456M GTA Tour de France Blue with Tan Hide and 10,700 miles on the clock, I will be putting it into storage during the winter and as this is my first proper / classic car, does anyone have any particular advice on the best way to prepare the car for storage, probably looking at 6 months initially, I have already found a company to store it for me.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Mike Finch

Hi Mike and welcome to CS.

Regarding storing your car, I do it every winter but have stored my 348 more this year and into next due to current circumstances. You'll always hear about people having problems storing cars but I've got several mates who have stored theirs for a number of years and never had a problem. Rather than go into specifics about what I do, have a browse through the articles here - Windrush is one of the highest quality storage places around and their site lists what they do regarding preparation, fuel, controlling the atmosphere, checks while in storage etc. I've simply followed what they do (but at home as my garage can be 'climate controlled' in terms of temperature and humidity) and never had any problems:

https://www.windrushcarstorage.co.uk/blog/categories/car-storage-advice.php

Last edited: