What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

New users post here.....

Newbie in Gloucestershire

Afternoon all, long time Ferrari fan just joining the club. Age old story at some point I’ll get one but a new house project means it might be in a few more years yet!!!

Newbie in Leicestershire

Hi there everyone, thanks for letting me join.

I am 3 months into ownership of a 348 and loving it. I thought this would be a car I would just own, but upgraditus is grabbing hold already. 😁

Hi there everyone, thanks for letting me join.

I am 3 months into ownership of a 348 and loving it. I thought this would be a car I would just own, but upgraditus is grabbing hold already. ��

Welcome to CS :thumbsup:

Lots of info out there about upgrades for the 348, everything from the obvious such as high flow cats and unrestricted Sports exhaust (both of which I'd do if you haven't) to things like complete suspension upgrades. There are even a couple of companies who have done twin turbo conversions on 348s (along with gearbox updates to cope), giving them more oomph than most modern Ferraris. Anyway, enjoy the car however far you decide to take the upgrade route.

Last edited:
I am between Leicester and Hinckley, there is also a new 348 owner near Lutterworth I understand.

I will not being going mad with modifications but have already fitted de-cat pipes and a Tubi exhaust and rear wheel spacers.

I am between Leicester and Hinckley, there is also a new 348 owner near Lutterworth I understand.

I will not being going mad with modifications but have already fitted de-cat pipes and a Tubi exhaust and rear wheel spacers.

Good choices :thumbsup:

I've know guys who have really gone to town with their 348, saw one owned by a guy called Andy Hill once (no idea if he still has it) and it had been seriously updated (https://myferrari.page.tl/Andy-Hills-h--348TS-Out-of-Hell.htm) but personally I prefer the cars which retain a bit more of the old school charm of the originals. Things like sports exhausts and spacers I think just improve the cars without losing anything in the process.

I'm just south east of Lincoln so not all that far from you in the grand scheme of things, little over an hour I'd guess.

Last edited:
...but personally I prefer the cars which retain a bit more of the old school charm of the originals. Things like sports exhausts and spacers I think just improve the cars without losing anything in the process.
Good call. I'm not keen on the standard 348 wheel and think they look great with the the later rims from the 355/360. As with the above, personal taste and things that can easily be swapped back at any time :thumbsup:

Good choices :thumbsup:

I've know guys who have really gone to town with their 348, saw one owned by a guy called Andy Hill once (no idea if he still has it) and it had been seriously updated (https://myferrari.page.tl/Andy-Hills-h--348TS-Out-of-Hell.htm) but personally I prefer the cars which retain a bit more of the old school charm of the originals. Things like sports exhausts and spacers I think just improve the cars without losing anything in the process.

I'm just south east of Lincoln so not all that far from you in the grand scheme of things, little over an hour I'd guess.

When Andy Hill modded that 348 it was sort of in 458/488 era if you get what I mean. So not an old school classic at the time. It was a truly awesome thing and a big favorite on this forum at the time. :hmmm: Getting old :cry3:

When Andy Hill modded that 348 it was sort of in 458/488 era if you get what I mean. So not an old school classic at the time. It was a truly awesome thing and a big favorite on this forum at the time. :hmmm: Getting old :cry3:

I certainly thought it was very well done, liked it for what it was and how it showed what you could do with the car. I think it was actually more 360/430 era - Andy modded it in the early 2000s - so your point is well made, it wasn’t considered a classic in any way.

Last edited:
Hiya, I'm just popping back in briefly.

Who do I report users to? Someone without any posts sent me a rude message/ad last week.
Thanks

Cake Eater looking for a 599

Hi,
New to club scuderia and saying hello. Thank you for letting me join.
For various reasons, 50th birthday being one of them I was looking at getting something special. Budget creep meant a Maserati Granturismo MC stradale has turned into a search for a 599 GTB.
So lots of reading later and I'm convinced and looking at a particular car on DL.
Let's see what happens!
Wishing you all health and happiness. Live Long and Prosper.
Cake

Hi I’m new here.

I’m a long time Porsche fanatic who has sold up to explore new things. The Ferrari itch is strong, so I think it’s time to scratch it.

Originally I thought I wanted a 355, but I’ve done the 90’s car thing for too long, so the target has shifted to the 458. I’ve looked at classifieds daily, well hourly for weeks. I’ve also viewed a few cars. I even came close to paying a giant premium for one at the main dealer, which happens to be on my doorstep.

I stepped away from that one for now and the search goes on. Finding a good car isn’t easy in the current time, so hoping joining a forum or so might throw up some leads and help me learn even more about the cars.

I’ve always been active in car clubs and forums, so if this one is still active (seems to be a dying trend) I’ll be pleased to participate.

Hi I’m new here.

I’m a long time Porsche fanatic who has sold up to explore new things. The Ferrari itch is strong, so I think it’s time to scratch it.

Originally I thought I wanted a 355, but I’ve done the 90’s car thing for too long, so the target has shifted to the 458. I’ve looked at classifieds daily, well hourly for weeks. I’ve also viewed a few cars. I even came close to paying a giant premium for one at the main dealer, which happens to be on my doorstep.

I stepped away from that one for now and the search goes on. Finding a good car isn’t easy in the current time, so hoping joining a forum or so might throw up some leads and help me learn even more about the cars.

I’ve always been active in car clubs and forums, so if this one is still active (seems to be a dying trend) I’ll be pleased to participate.

Hi Dominic and welcome to CS. You’ll find this place will be a lot quieter than equivalent forums for marques such as Porsche simply because the Ferrari community is so much smaller. Hopefully you can get some useful info that’ll help in your search though. Best of luck :thumbsup:

599 has a new home

It's mine (sort of) and it's in my garage.
599 garaged__01.jpg
It's been driven and making me smile every time. In fact I want to drive it all the time! Already put two tanks of fuel in it in a week!
IMG_20220129_103418_copy_1600x1200.jpg
And going for ice-cream
IMG_20220130_124804_copy_1600x1200.jpg