What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

No more free F1 from 2019

We're dinosaurs chaps.

Unless I step up my powers of persuasion with my boys I suspect they'll be all about the electric cars, how quiet they are, racing that has to balance off speed/power with range (just like the turbo days :)). They'll no doubt watch it while listening to the latest iTunes track and tweeting their mates so the lack of noise will be irrelevant.

They'll like dad's old bangers. They'll consider them a bit anti social and smelly, but will humour me with them. They'll be quietly pleased that their electric cars are quicker to 60 (they probably won't care to go faster) and are like a playstation to drive and simply won't get why I need 3 (3!) pedals and to take my hands off the wheels to drive some of them, nor why I seem to enjoy something so awkward to drive. They'll also laugh at me having to find a petrol station somewhere to fill it up when they just drive into the garage and their car charges over the induction loop....

Etc.

In 20yrs' time our manual ICE cars will be as anachronistic as the fellas we see doing the London to Brighton.

On topic, F1 is killing itself. But something will take its place.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well said Murph

FormulaE has just had only one year so far and has its teething troubles which should not be expected but give it time....also it is not aimed at us either it is aimed at the social media generation......whether you believe it or not you have to think about why money is being put into this and the roborace activities

Internal Combustion engined cars WILL be like horses - no longer daily transport, just used for leisure

Internal Combustion engined cars WILL be like horses - no longer daily transport, just used for RACING

EFA :)

Let's hope that's the case.

I agree electric will be the norm for personal use in the not too distant future and I'm right behind it as long as it's renewables and nuclear powering them. It has a lot that attracts me to it.
But IMO racing should be about spectacle with a dose of excess.....

I've now watched 30 minutes of Formula E and I can't see me ever watching it again on TV never mind live.

Simplest way to improve F1 ~ drop the blue flag rule - let them have to overtake back markers. It'll sort out the talented from the not so and bunch up front runners.

Anyone got Bernie's number, I'll give him a call.

We're dinosaurs chaps.

Unless I step up my powers of persuasion with my boys I suspect they'll be all about the electric cars, how quiet they are, racing that has to balance off speed/power with range (just like the turbo days :)). They'll no doubt watch it while listening to the latest iTunes track and tweeting their mates so the lack of noise will be irrelevant.

They'll like dad's old bangers. They'll consider them a bit anti social and smelly, but will humour me with them. They'll be quietly pleased that their electric cars are quicker to 60 (they probably won't care to go faster) and are like a playstation to drive and simply won't get why I need 3 (3!) pedals and to take my hands off the wheels to drive some of them, nor why I seem to enjoy something so awkward to drive. They'll also laugh at me having to find a petrol station somewhere to fill it up when they just drive into the garage and their car charges over the induction loop....

Etc.

In 20yrs' time our manual ICE cars will be as anachronistic as the fellas we see doing the London to Brighton.

On topic, F1 is killing itself. But something will take its place.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well said Murph

FormulaE has just had only one year so far and has its teething troubles which should not be expected but give it time....also it is not aimed at us either it is aimed at the social media generation......whether you believe it or not you have to think about why money is being put into this and the roborace activities

Internal Combustion engined cars WILL be like horses - no longer daily transport, just used for leisure

I think both these posts sum it up. I'm not an eco tree hugger and I love the noise of many ICE's but there is a bit of an interest in milk floats of the future for me. This new Tesla 3 looks promising for the likes of me to afford.

Like Mike says, so long as the ICE's are just pure leisure then I'm good with it all. Autonomous anybody? :laugh:

Anyway current F1, I think.. zzzzzzzzz :wink3::tongue3:

Simplest way to improve F1 ~ drop the blue flag rule - let them have to overtake back markers. It'll sort out the talented from the not so and bunch up front runners.

Anyone got Bernie's number, I'll give him a call.

Not a bad idea mate and you could teach them how to do a sideways drift while going of track and rejoining the track in front of everyone else :thumbsup: