What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 Re-trim

Pete, those seat belt pads look perfect, much much better. Like you say, they blend in really well. :thumbsup:

Pete, im so very envious of your car now. It looks fantastic. :thumbsup:

I really need to get started with mine soon, but i dont think i'll try those seat covers!

Thanks Greg. Regarding the seat covers, oh go on. Absolutely dying to see how they look. Unless of course they do look as good as a retrim. I've a nagging suspicion that they won't quite be up to it though. The fact that you could specify covers for either the front or front and rear seats for your 348 has me a tad worried as well!

Pete, those seat belt pads look perfect, much much better. Like you say, they blend in really well. :thumbsup:

Terry, as I said, was a top observation. Much happier with the ones I bought today. Less is definitely more in this case.

Cracking job looks very professional great thread too.:thumbsup:

Thanks Simon :thumbsup:

lovely job , your car looks fantastic :dude::thumbsup:

Well, we're just about there, only one small possible addition to come. Now I stand by our debate some time back that my GENUINE Ferrari resin shields are definitely and absolutely the way to go, no doubt in my mind. The Yoshi Shields that should arrive in the post on Monday or Tuesday were merely ordered out of curiosity and will probably never go on my car..........

.........For goodness sake don't tell Murph! I'll never live it down!!!

Last edited:
That looks really nice Pete, a credit to the guys that did it :thumbsup:

have you got any pics of the carpets going in.Just to see how they did it ??

Steve, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I haven't been able to get shots of the car with just the carpet in, but I'm guessing you're really interested in the main peice and how he got it to work. As you know the rest is basically pretty flat carpet so other than a lot of working to get the rear parcel shelf to work (it's one peice not two as some have done when they put their own carpet in), it was pretty much a case of copying what was there.

The main peice of carpet is obviously moulded so the challenge was to get flat carpet, and a bit thicker than OEM in my case, to effectively go round a corner. I spoke to the guy who did the work yesterday and he said he acheived it by a couple of butterfly stitches (think that's what he called them) on either side as you couldn't achieve this without them. It was also important to get a carpet with the right sort of backing (will check what mine is) in order to be able to work it more than some to help 'mould' it a bit to the arches. The two small stitching lines are either side of my floor mats and I have to say I didn't notice them till after the guy had told me about them. They would probably stand out more on a thinner carpet, I'm guessing. Anyway, hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll ask some more questions.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 412
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 427
Fantastic job looks better than new.

Thanks, really does look that good in real life, many on here have seen it. Was done by a young lad near me who had never done something like a Ferrari before but looked at his work which was excellent so took a punt. Glad I did :)

Just posting up a recent picture of my interior in reply to a PM I had recently (I can't post pictures on PMs) showing the condition today. I lost touch with the guy who did the work as he moved premesis but found him again. He's at:

Unit 1, Cedar Parc, doddington, Lincoln, LN6 4RR. Workshop number is 01522 685476.

He did a great job on my 348, couldn't have been happier.

14d7c589af2141ecb2d346c510b2b462.jpg