What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

430 Scuderia Wheels

samb096

WANTED! Ferrari 430 Scuderia Wheel set.
Preferably in Cast Iron Grey but would consider gold. Ideally after the genuine Scuderia set as I already have the titanium lugs. Located in UK but would consider purchasing from abroad. TIA.

Are you putting them on a genuine Scuderia or a 430 ?
If they are going on a 430 the fronts are a different size.( rears are the same )
Ferrari made specific Scud style front wheels so as not to mess up the E-Diff.

They are 10mm wider like the optional challenge wheels are and can therefore run the Scuderia tyres for more front end grip. You cannot run these tyres on the standard wheel.

I have this set-up on my F430 project car (challenge rims Scuderia fitment tyres) no issues with clearance.

If you really want to run the crappy OE fit Pirelli’s you can get scud style wheels with standard tyre size rims.

The e-diff is calibrated with quite wide parameters for wheel and rubber combinations. The newer Michelin’s homologated for the F430 don’t require an e-diff recalibration and their grip levels are way above the older generation Pirelli’s fitted in period.

No point in buying the ‘standard’ width fronts in scud form IMO unless you are getting a real deal.

Last edited:
I ran 235 Scud width front tyres on the smaller width standard size Scud look-a-like wheels for 2 years, no issues it worked fine, didn't see any benefit for road use so went back to 225 recently when I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Last edited:
I ran 235 Scud width front tyres on the smaller width standard size Scud look-a-like wheels for 2 years, no issues it worked fine, didn't see any benefit for road use so went back to 225 recently when I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Most F430's come with quite a lot of oversteer dialled into the standard geo - you need to get the geo more to a fast road set up before any advantage of 235 tyres is felt. As you suggest it is at high limits before it becomes a problem.

A good alpine road will quickly expose the standard 430 set up both if steel braked and with the standard geo.

Not many places in the UK where that is anything than an occasional annoyance.

On track it's essential IMO

I indeed have a F430 with Carbon brakes and a non standard Geo but felt no advantage over 225's, in fact my GT3 RS on 265 fronts goes round corners like it is on rails but wonder if it would be more fun on the road on something narrower

I indeed have a F430 with Carbon brakes and a non standard Geo but felt no advantage over 225's, in fact my GT3 RS on 265 fronts goes round corners like it is on rails but wonder if it would be more fun on the road on something narrower

I don’t like understeer at all

I swapped my original Pirelli’s (garbage) for Michelin’s and did the geo at the same time - I selected the scuderia rubber because I didn’t like the understeer m car came with from factory. I am sure the extra 10mm is neither here nor there but it was the fit homologated for the scuderia so I thought why not?

It was a seismic leap on from the stock set up.

The GT3 RS is such a different animal I think the comparison is pretty futile.

I see they have just gone to a double wishbone on the front end of the latest generation...

Has only taken and extra 20 years to get there...

You can compare any car against another, so your comment is total nonsense ! I also had a SCUD as well for 10 years too, perhaps the key difference is rear wheel steer but personally, to me that is not game changer unless you have a 20+ ton LWB truck on a roundabout

Last edited:
My point is that a dialled in F430 Spider, with the right exhaust system is as much as a joy to drive as a 991 GT3 RS with a backbox. I remain extremely happy that I swapped my 430 Scud for the 991 GT3 RS, as the GT3 RS is a far superior car on every level, which complements my F430 Spider (and 981 GTS Spider) very well

I do rate the GT3 RS as a thing I think they are great but for me they are a totally different value proposition to a Ferrari.

What aspects are you rating as superior?

Build / design / emotions / finish / NVH / running costs?

The 918 Carbon bucket seats are completely awesome from a comfort standpoint (I am 6'6) and one can sit extremely low in the car, that in itself is a huge improvement over the Ferrari Scud racing seats, although the F430 Carbon seats in my Spider are almost as good. The RS can be driven faster point to point as it has far better road holding, the sound is awesome and the build quality is outstanding, its a modern supercar with updated sat nav/dab radio etc. Then there is the huge rear wing....

I’m 6’ 3” and my F430 has the carbon seat option my dealership re-bolted the mounting rails 25mm further back than it came from the factory which sorted it.

I thought the scud was set up and optioned precisely to feel exciting at any speed.

Why else would visible welds and checker plate be a thing?

:laugh:

You can find a couple of aftermarket wheels with the same pattern in stores like 4WheelOnline. You may want to check out the classified ads all over the internet if you really want an OEM wheel.