What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Adrian's 355 musings

Thanks for that Pete; another pointless MOT aspect. Fortunately I bought a toggle switch with a light, which I didn’t bother to wire in, but will do so tomorrow...after an early morning blast that is :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Pete; another pointless MOT aspect. Fortunately I bought a toggle switch with a light, which I didn’t bother to wire in, but will do so tomorrow...after an early morning blast that is :thumbsup:

No probs. Would have potentially caught me out as well next MOT - it’s not like I drive the 348 around all that often in thick fog and if I ever did the fog light worked anyway. To fail on something that has absolutely no effect on safety would have irked a tad. As it is I need to work out how to replace the bulb behind the switch. My guess is £75 from Ferrari or 75p from Halfords......

Enjoy the drive :thumbsup:

Last edited:
So little update...

Came back from service and MOT at DL last week and all good. In addition to the service I had them put some sports cats on and raise the ride height on the front, back to standard as I was bottoming out a few places.

Only thing to sort before next MOT is the airbag light; now an MOT failure if it’s on! So options being a) put the original airbag wheel on, b) stick a resistor in the wiring loom or c) go old school and just take the light bulb out? :hmmm::grin:

The sports cats don’t really effect the noise levels, just takes a little edge of the high pitch bit which is good. With the added bonus it’s now all legal!

I’ve had a few outings now including Salon Dusty and Classic Car Hub. The noise is becoming somewhat addictive and the ride is a lot smoother than the 348. With an added bonus the Boss likes it!

Next up is getting the dash re-trimmed. You wouldn’t believe how hard it’s been to find a trimmer!!! And whilst it’s out removing several miles of unidentifiable wiring and magic boxes for the stereo etc!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

We should plan to meet for a breakfast or coffee before we all get locked down again :thumbsup:

Hi Terry.....good to see you still
around. I hope you’re well and hopefully catch-up sometime.

I can vouch for the trimmer.... Terry’s car is perfect!

I used the same trimmer as Terry and he completely re-trimmed my 355 interior and did a fantastic job. Can't recommend him highly enough.

Could you or Terry drop me some contact details please?

Having a real struggle finding a trimmer that will a) answer the phone/ return messages, b) wants to do the work and/ or c) thinks they should be on a higher daily labour rate than a Barrister!:hmmm:

Hi Terry.....good to see you still
around. I hope you’re well and hopefully catch-up sometime.

I can vouch for the trimmer.... Terry’s car is perfect!

Hi Mike, still around and well thanks but been catching up with jobs around the house the last couple of years.
Ready for another project if someone would like to buy the Spider. :hmmm:
Hope you are well, a catch up would be good.

Could you or Terry drop me some contact details please?

Having a real struggle finding a trimmer that will a) answer the phone/ return messages, b) wants to do the work and/ or c) thinks they should be on a higher daily labour rate than a Barrister!:hmmm:

PM sent

Idle hands...bit quiet today so the big base speaker and amp in the front compartment coming out lead to a few other “things” coming out!!! Still at least 2 more black boxes under the dash and a load of wiring to come out which I’ll do when I take the dash out for retrimming.

No idea what most of it is :hmmm: But I did start the car after every cut/ disconnect and it still runs so was all obviously superfluous!:laugh:

C7DA5781-CF9B-4655-BA87-479F83F16142.jpeg

Black boxes, black boxes...! Still to come out 1) radar jammer box under the front bumper, 2) 2...so far boxed under the dash doing what....?:hmmm:

4E667484-EE3C-4F2A-B29F-8BEFF8D862E8.jpeg

I found similar under the dash and behind the HVAC on my 348 when I bought her. Not surprising these cars *occasionally* develop electrical problems, is it?

When my F355 was in last year for its complete re-spray and de-stickying I also had all the extraneous ‘gubbins’ removed, almost exclusively an array of badly fitted after market alarm systems, immobilisers and trackers. The installations of these had been performed so badly that the fuse/relay board was in dire straits and hanging on by a thread, literally in some cases, with tracks broken and bridging wires soldered on. It was junked and replaced by a brand new, and very expensive, board and the wiring returned to ‘stock’.

Boxes

My 348 has 3 nineties immobilisers fitted, only the Cobra works. I want to get the lot ripped out too, but not as brave as you yet.