What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Beaujolais Run - She's stickered Up!

Jules

Well over the past few weeks I've been fretting about getting the 'livery' and then applying it to the car. Once the mandatory livery arrived, it was then time to work out how best to position the other sponsors.

On top of that the car's had to have a few upgrades, tyres, service, ball joints/wishbones, oh and pay for this trip - plus the wine:cry3:

Firstly, a big thanks to Tom Wakeford from Paintshield & Ray Ferguson for supporting the run with a generous cheque for the 2 charities, and of course our very own Club Scuderia:thumbsup:

I've taken a few pics of the car. No doubt I'll be taking loads of shots along the way, plus of course they'll be 'press' shots & filming etc. John Surtees is waving us off on Tuesday am from Brooklands, and then he's driving the channel tunnel:shocked: First car to do it!!

If you want to track our entry - its car 22 - the website is www.beaujolaisrun.com. It's not a race, more of a satnav/map challenge, ie the shortest route etc wins, and given my satnav's reliability coupled with the wifes map reading skills, car 22 will probably end up towards the back of the group:grin:

Anyway, thanks again guys, will post pics & info on route

Attachments

• IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 250
My timekeeping skills are limited but if I add the current time to the website time to go I do not get Tuesday am :tongue3:

Jules...Good luck car looks :thumbsup:....I like the CS sticker...Hope the club is supporting your two charities for this event...Who are you nominating??

Look forward to reading about your progress..doesn't matter where you finish.. Enjoy:thumbsup:

Jules...Good luck car looks :thumbsup:....I like the CS sticker...Hope the club is supporting your two charities for this event...Who are you nominating??

Look forward to reading about your progress..doesn't matter where you finish.. Enjoy:thumbsup:
Thanks Jez

Yep - CS, Paintshield, NWBown and my local restaurant - The Daffodil have all donated generously to the 2 official charities - CLIC Sargent (Children's Cancer Charity) & The Richard Burns Foundation (World Rally Champion), dedicated to support and inspire others who are living and battling with cancer and other serious conditions

Thanks Jez

Yep - CS, Paintshield, NWBown and my local restaurant - The Daffodil have all donated generously to the 2 official charities - CLIC Sargent (Children's Cancer Charity) & The Richard Burns Foundation (World Rally Champion), dedicated to support and inspire others who are living and battling with cancer and other serious conditions

Very worthwhile :thumbsup:

Bojolly Run

Car looks great M8 . Please dont get me to many contracts in France as my French is not that great (nors my English ) :laugh::laugh::laugh: I have sent the cheque on a snails back so should arrive before you leave :laugh::laugh: Stay safe Jules and ENJOY . Fergie :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks for the comments guys - I know how bad it can be in the wet on those French roads as there's always a downpour on our Euro trips,

the tyres were replaced yesterday, one of the rears were completely shot, thats not good, mind you I think the tyres were good for 10K miles (annual mileage:laugh:)