What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

2017 f1 rule changes

+1

Caught this vid on FB the other day. What's the consensus - more reliance on mechanical grip over aero should increase the possibility of overtaking and improve racing?

I guess that's the theory, and make the cars look more interesting. They should be 3-5 seconds quicker a lap just on more grip straight out of the box and who knows how fast at the end of the season :hmmm: so they better build up those neck muscles.:thumbsup:

Utterly unfounded but have a good feeling for Ferrari this coming year. Will doubtless eat my words later. I guess with such big changes coming in I find it hard to believe they would have been against Ferrari's wishes......

Ferrari looking good so far. Autosport said it was much more stable round corners than the Mercedes which looked twitchy. But this is only testing and who knows who is doing what.

But we can hope:thumbsup:

Great video, although I reckon they should hand the cars to MW Stewart, I'm sure he could shave a few grams from the weight. :thumbsup:

Great video, although I reckon they should hand the cars to MW Stewart, I'm sure he could shave a few grams from the weight. :thumbsup:

Mod could probably get last year's car to go faster than this year's anyway, all about the right options..... :grin:

(I jest, Mod, honest :thumbsup:)

If you have Sky download & watch Ted's Notebook Test 1 Day 2 which has a lengthy interview with Ross Brawn about his new role at FOM and contains thoughts about going forward as well as feelings about the latest rule changes

Test 1 Day 1 has an interesting chat with Adrian Newey about the new aero rules

If you have Sky download & watch Ted's Notebook Test 1 Day 2 which has a lengthy interview with Ross Brawn about his new role at FOM and contains thoughts about going forward as well as feelings about the latest rule changes

Test 1 Day 1 has an interesting chat with Adrian Newey about the new aero rules

Thanks, Jos. both sound interesting, will check them out :thumbsup: