What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

2017 f1 rule changes

For a few years you could rent "Kangaroo" handsets (I think at all tracks but certainly Silverstone where I did it for 5 or so years) on which you could watch the live TV and also get all the lap timings. It really enhanced the experience. Then they couldn't agree fees with Bernie and they were no more. Liberty Media need to get them back.

I have tried with the Formula 1 app on my iphone or iPad. Works OK in practice sessions but as soon as it's quali or race there is just not enough bandwidth available to let it work.

As I said, that would be a good place for Liberty Media to start improving the fan experience

With 16 races left I'm sure Mercedes could turn it around :wink3: it's still very close time wise . :thumbsup:

It wasn't really a prediction that Ferrari would run away with it or anything, just that they'd be right in it. The full quote was that I felt Ferrari would benefit from the rule changes this year and I think they have done.

Yep, happy for Bottas

+1

Sadly about the dullest race we've seen in a long time though, even in the midfield nothing happened other than Massa having a puncture! We know that swings back and forth though depending on circuit and it's looking rosy for the season moving forwards.

Mercs still finding this year's changes tough at times. Good quali today for Ferrari, mind you :thumbsup:

Kimi should of won,hamilton done well, what was button thinking trying to overtake there.:thumbsdow I do think F1 has out grown Monaco ,the only car overtaken was the safety car . :thumbsdow

Kimi should of won,hamilton done well, what was button thinking trying to overtake there.:thumbsdow I do think F1 has out grown Monaco ,the only car overtaken was the safety car . :thumbsdow

Would have liked to see Kimi win but even when not in traffic he was being caught by the Red Bulls and Botas. He had to come in to cover that off or when he did pit he wouldn't have got out in front of them and neither would Seb. Choice was come in, release Seb and have a Ferrari 1/2 but with Kimi 2nd or stay out, get caught a bit by the cars behind and Ferrari gets a 2/3 or 3/4 but with Kimi ahead of Seb. Neither Ferrari or Kimi really had a choice, Kimi just didn't have the pace at that point in the race but Seb did.

I'm not sure what F1 can do about no overtaking at Monaco and I can't see them stopping going there. Make a 'Monaco tyre' that dies every 20 laps maybe? Mix it up by having to have 4 pitstops so it comes down to who's crew are the fastest. I don't think there is a solution.

I would've liked to see Kimi win but Seb was faster, simple as that. The Red Bulls and Bottas only started to catch the pair of them when they all hit traffic as the two Ferrari's pulled away again immediately afterwards. Seb was on Kimi's back from the green light and once in clear air, off he went...

We've been to the Monaco F1 twice. It's not the 'best' race as we all know but a fantastic spectacle. Think of it as the ultimate driving test and long may it continue.

Best race of the year yesterday, well done Riccardo and stroll :thumbsup: as for cry baby vettel more punishment to come I think maybe grid penalty or points on his license :wink3: