What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 GTC - How many still around & value?

pdavison

I know that the 348 GTC was a limited run but how many RHD drive examples are left? I believe that there were 7 or 8 originally produced, is that right?

Also, what's the general opinion regarding the value of these cars? I would assume that they've hit their floor price by now (if you could find one).

I was offered one a couple of days ago. The owner was looking for a offer, pm me if your interested and ill give you the details.

Are these special edition cars uprated then? Dont know anything about them. What are they then? Are them wheels standard issue?

Attachments

• 77941-1.jpg
    77941-1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2,528
  • 77941-4.jpg
    77941-4.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2,529
Last edited:
ferrari-spider said:
Are these special edition cars uprated then? Dont know anything about them. What are they then? Are them wheels standard issue?

They had alot of kevlar parts apparently,bumpers,doors etc.Also fitted with F40 style seats,split rim wheels and the number(1 to 50) was on the steering wheel.I think the power was the same as the GTS/B/Spider,although I may be wrong.
If I was after a hardtop 348 it would be one of these:thumbsup:

stevew said:
They had alot of kevlar parts apparently,bumpers,doors etc.Also fitted with F40 style seats,split rim wheels and the number(1 to 50) was on the steering wheel.I think the power was the same as the GTS/B/Spider,although I may be wrong.
If I was after a hardtop 348 it would be one of these:thumbsup:
justin [kenyon] said his had more power than a 355

I know of two, both owned by people in the Ferrari hill climb series and not including the M7 GTC one which is up for sale.
They're damn good cars, on par with a 355 in terms of performance.

Differences from a normal 348 that I've found so far:

Speedline Wheels 8.5j/10j & wider tyres
Adjustable suspension firmer/lower
Carbon/Kevlar Rear bumper
C/K Front bumper
C/K Doors - everything is CK including the frame to hold the windows and the trim backing.
Lighter engine cover, think it's c/k not 100% sure
Seats are F40 C/K buckets
Special numbered s/wheel
Seems alloy pedals were fitted to LHD cars but not to RHD. All RHD ones I've found with alloy pedals are from Hills. I have a parts book that shows the entire pedal box was changed and I don't think they have this in RHD form.
Car is 300KG lighter than a stock car and is apparently 1180KG.

Engine is a GTB unit F119H. I don't think there is any change here from a late GTB/GTS. Power/Weight ratio is the same as a 355.

The thing about these is that some people think they were a run out model to move 348's. Not true, these were true homogolation specials for Ferrari's re-entry into GT racing and for the 93/94 Le Mans and Italian GT championships hence the raft of body changes to attempt to compete with the 911's.

Yes, there are 8 RHD. I know of about 5-6 in the UK. I'm guessing maybe 1-2 went to Japan.

There was a whole supply of parts to turn these from a Street Comp. to a Race Comp. and this included special rotors/calipers/roll cage/fire system/hydraulic jacks/piston changes/ECU's etc. Basically you could take a Comp and do a Michellotto and have a 348 GT Comp. LM. Some of the bits are still available from Ferrari, I had Malc. check this out for me before he left. Although I'd need a new mortgage to pay for any of them. ;)

Price wise one with a few miles and good s/h will be £40k ish +/- and well worth it considering they are one of the rarest Ferrari's money can buy at any price point. One sold last year for £58k and it had <10k miles. The only reason I think the one for sale is <40k is down to the fact it will need £2-£3k in service as it's due it's belts. Mine is getting it's 31k major at the moment at Mototechnique.

Oh and I'm not selling mine, ever. :grin:

Lagerlout, thx for very good info!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm suprised they managed to get it 300kg lighter, there must be some other changes to achieve that? Don't know weight of doors but sounds very much (I started to think about making these parts from CF now... :wink3: )

There is huge savings in the doors, and in the seats which are very light. Bumpers of course make a big difference and I think the wheels are lighter too. The 1180kg came from Malcolm at Maranello's and I've heard it from someone else too. The information from the factory is so thin on the ground.

One day I'll get mine onto the bathroom scales and get an accurate figure.

:laugh:

A few pics. Mine except for the one with the race decals, Mr. Taylor I believe of the FOC hillclimb fame.

Attachments

• gtc_front.jpg
    gtc_front.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 729
  • 348gtc_rear_web.jpg
    348gtc_rear_web.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 738
  • 3_taylor.jpg
    3_taylor.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,116
amazing car, good investment, just a shame about the acquired taste in looks.

You must ask youself though, if you want GTC performance, then buy a 355 GTB (possibly cheaper if you're not bothered about mileage), which is better looking and considerably more advanced.

love the wheels on these cars

Where's the fishing icon? But I'll bite, it's tradition on here. ;)

355 better looking, not IMO.

You get 355 performance, better more masculine looks, rarity, exclusivity and non assisted steering.

What else could you ask for? :wink3:

tommo said:
amazing car, good investment, just a shame about the acquired taste in looks.

You must ask youself though, if you want GTC performance, then buy a 355 GTB (possibly cheaper if you're not bothered about mileage), which is better looking and considerably more advanced.

love the wheels on these cars

Not for every eye! I think if you want to be more "race", this is very good way to go. :thumbsup:
We could as as well that should all 360's be sold as they look $hit compared to 430? :wink3: :laugh: