What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 GTC - How many still around & value?

Andy HLS said:
How sad the 355 only got a little write up,as there wasnt much to say, in the 348 story of the (Le mans racing):grin: they described the evolution 3 engine built without air restriction, thats mine that is:laugh: :tongue3: Fancy all u people owning a race care that never managed to race in the ultimate car race:laugh: :laugh:

Andy

"Good enough for fourth in the GT2 class, 97553 (the 348) became the first Ferrari to finish at Le Mans since 1982."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy HLS said:
...Fancy all u people owning a race care that never managed to race in the ultimate car race:laugh: :laugh:

Andy
I know...almost as bad as the car not even finishing in the top 10 outright and only managing one appearance :grin:

Murph7355 said:
I know...almost as bad as the car not even finishing in the top 10 outright and only managing one appearance :grin:

4th in class aint bad.

Also came second at the Spa 4 hours and first at Vallelunga 6 Hours.

:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Good stuff. Hope to see you around sometime. I know two of the other UK owners and there are 2 more in the FOC, one day we should have a get together. 6/8. I wonder where the other two are?

Mine also has the stock exhaust and is a little down on sound. Although the noise over 5000rpm is great it needs more volume. Not sure about decat on a 94 tho, think if I do anything I'll go Hyperflow cats first then think about a Tubi on top of that.

Lagerlout said:
Good stuff. Hope to see you around sometime. I know two of the other UK owners and there are 2 more in the FOC, one day we should have a get together. 6/8. I wonder where the other two are?
I think there were two at the FOC Concours on Sunday (haven't sorted through my pics yet) and my memory has been affected by the sun! One was in the Concours, I think. There was certainly one (Belgian-registered) at the Spa Ferrari days the weekend before. I keep forgetting (in light of this topic) to look up what I have on the UK cars. It is interesting that they do seem to get used because for such a small number of cars made one sees them at events quite a lot. Maybe you have to be a real enthusiast to know about them and to own one?

Jonathan

Jonathan,

I now know of three, mine, Lagerlouts and one that is in the process of being sold via Pistonheads.

Would be good to track down all 8 RHD examples!

pdavison said:
Jonathan,

I now know of three, mine, Lagerlouts and one that is in the process of being sold via Pistonheads.

Would be good to track down all 8 RHD examples!
I'll let you know what I have tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Jonathan

Mine (36)
PDavison's (43)
Bloke selling his, just sold to a guy in London I believe (42?)
Mr Taylor's FOC hillclimb (?)
Mr Parry's FOC Concours winner, low mileage, not sure of number. Maybe (37).

Of those I'm certain. There is one floating around that had <3000 miles on it and sold for circa £58k last year.

I think there is another one in the FOC hillclimb. A Mr Frost? perhaps?

So that would make 7, unless the 2nd hillclimb one is the £58k one. Seems unlikely. Apparently this car was owned by royalty in Hong Kong and recently exported to the UK so is this RHD or LHD? I guess RHD.

Another thing besides the shields I think was standard was an Alpine 3 disk in dash stacker head unit. At least I have confirmed this with two others and my own car.

I have registered 348gtc.com a few months back with the intent (ie if I can be ars*ed) of setting up a register. With some background info and a secure area for authenticated owners etc. To date I can't be ars*d ;) but who knows what the future holds. ;)

Lagerlout said:
Mine (36)
PDavison's (43)
Bloke selling his, just sold to a guy in London I believe (42?)
Mr Taylor's FOC hillclimb (?)
Mr Parry's FOC Concours winner, low mileage, not sure of number. Maybe (37).

Of those I'm certain. There is one floating around that had <3000 miles on it and sold for circa £58k last year.

I think there is another one in the FOC hillclimb. A Mr Frost? perhaps?

So that would make 7, unless the 2nd hillclimb one is the £58k one. Seems unlikely. Apparently this car was owned by royalty in Hong Kong and recently exported to the UK so is this RHD or LHD? I guess RHD.

Another thing besides the shields I think was standard was an Alpine 3 disk in dash stacker head unit. At least I have confirmed this with two others and my own car.

I have registered 348gtc.com a few months back with the intent (ie if I can be ars*ed) of setting up a register. With some background info and a secure area for authenticated owners etc. To date I can't be ars*d ;) but who knows what the future holds. ;)
justin[keynon] who posts on here has a spider one

Just found these of the Irish car.

Attachments

• 35079-1.jpg
    35079-1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 314
  • 35079-2.jpg
    35079-2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 312
  • 35079-3.jpg
    35079-3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 311